Pontoon boats

Dom

I'm looking into a 3-4 man/person pontoon to cruse the lakes and also to fish from.I was thinking around 4.000 max that I would spend.I have been looking at the Pond King Mini rebel XL any suggestions or where I may go shopping?

I’ve done a fair amount of fishing from a pontoon boat and have found them to be difficult to fish from in water that has a current. Just tough to control. Then again, the boats that we used didn’t have trolling motors- I’d imagine that would make a difference. 

I bought a Pontoon boat last year and keep it on the Hudson . I always try to take off and come back to the dock right between low tide and high tide , sometimes the current makes it tough to dock without slamming into another boat or the dock ! But overall its lots of fun !

Pontoon is where its at, I love tubing and such with my I/O but It may get traded in for a nice Pontoon. Both my uncles have 25' pontoons and they are just more enjoyable where im at in life now with kids and all. Still great, and comfy to fish from too.. 

9 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'd imagine they get blown around pretty good in the wind.

My cousin has one and it is great to fish from. Two things are a must. a trolling motor with PLENTY of power and a drift sock. They do catch the wind pretty well and if you do any drift fishing the sock is a must for slowing you down. They are a sail. 

• Like 1

Wife always yaps about getting one, but my old run about, has the best wake for Salomon skiing . Now that that seems to be mostly a thing of the past for me I’d consider it .

More room, easier to hang out longer I’d imagine.

Deck boats seem like a nice blend too .

My buddy has a pontoon at his camp on the lake. To me they are kinda tough to fish from, if anything more than a slight breeze is blowing. And it's SLOW. But sooo nice to just kick back on, and drink beer from, as we laugh and tell stories!  

Each type of watercraft has one thing it does very well. If you will be mostly fishing, a fishing boat is the way to go. If you will mostly be slow cruising, and want to be relaxing with plenty of elbow room, a pontoon is hard to beat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grampy said:

My buddy has a pontoon at his camp on the lake. To me they are kinda tough to fish from, if anything more than a slight breeze is blowing. And it's SLOW. But sooo nice to just kick back on, and drink beer from, as we laugh and tell stories!  

Each type of watercraft has one thing it does very well. If you will be mostly fishing, a fishing boat is the way to go. If you will mostly be slow cruising, and want to be relaxing with plenty of elbow room, a pontoon is hard to beat.

I agree with this 100%....If I ever win the lotto I always say I will have at least 3 boats. A Go Fast boat, a fishing boat and a big pontoon. All to use depending on what I am doing that day and who is going to the lake with me. Since I haven't hit the lotto my 21' Regal bowrider does everything OK but not great. It fits quite a few people, does about 55 MPH when there isn't a ton of people in it and you can fish from it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I agree with this 100%....If I ever win the lotto I always say I will have at least 3 boats. A Go Fast boat, a fishing boat and a big pontoon. All to use depending on what I am doing that day and who is going to the lake with me. Since I haven't hit the lotto my 21' Regal bowrider does everything OK but not great. It fits quite a few people, does about 55 MPH when there isn't a ton of people in it and you can fish from it. 

That's a fast boat.

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

That's a fast boat.

Its fairly fast I guess for a bowrider. Speedo says 55....GPS Says 53. I have never had less than my wife and daughter in it so I assume it would do 55 or so with just me.  It has a fast trac hull which I think helps a lot.  (the hull is stepped to get more of the boat out of the water)  I sure wouldn't call it a go fast boat. I have two friends with boats that will do over 100 MPH. Those are fast (and scary) boats. I would like to do 70+

1 minute ago, ApexerER said:

Its fairly fast I guess for a bowrider. Speedo says 55....GPS Says 53. I have never had less than my wife and daughter in it so I assume it would do 55 or so with just me.  It has a fast trac hull which I think helps a lot.  (the hull is stepped to get more of the boat out of the water)  I sure wouldn't call it a go fast boat. I have two friends with boats that will do over 100 MPH. Those are fast (and scary) boats. I would like to do 70+

Our 22' only does 40 so 55 sure seems fast.  Pretty deep hull though for fishing lake O. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the feed back.I just ordered the Pond king Rebel and will be deliverd on 3/20 I cant wait gonna be a fun season.When I grow a bigger set then might get a twentyfive for the family.