Walmart Cheapo thermos bottle test

The_Real_TCIII

Started a new thread since we hijacked @Rob.... I thought I'd test this bottle I won the other night as it seems perfect for taking coffee or soup on a hunt. I just filled it with tap water at 117.1 F, I'll check it again in a few hours. Ive been looking for a "travel mug" I could fill with coffee and throw in my pack and not worry about it leaking, if this keeps liquid reasonably hot for a few hours it will be ideal. After I check it at noon I will fill it again and put it outside as a test

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-24oz-Vacuum-Insulated-Stainless-Steel-Water-Bottle/907027011?athcpid=907027011&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=b5474935-717-1694e3ea061fa3&athena=true

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, goosifer said:

I should take a pic of my thermos collection . . . .

Prepare to be 2nd place........ :)

Just kidding but man I’ve acquired a few and given more away. Some even go to Joe Ball after use.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mlammerhirt said:

I love the Ozark insulated cups....they are basically knock off yeti tumblers but they are a 1/3 the price and work awesome as a travel mug.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yup. I have a couple of the Ozark tumblers (20 and 30 ounce) and they're great for the price. Keeps my coffee hot at work or in the car. Keeps my Beam and Coke cold at the beach or on the boat.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Prepare to be 2nd place........ :)

Just kidding but man I’ve acquired a few and given more away. Some even go to Joe Ball after use.....

Challenge accepted!

Note the pic does not includes duplicates and uninsulated water bottles.

y4m6ukEULu_r0CZx7Hn0AIaSxNoSoqnidzd7zmA_

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Started a new thread since we hijacked @Rob.... I thought I'd test this bottle I won the other night as it seems perfect for taking coffee or soup on a hunt. I just filled it with tap water at 117.1 F, I'll check it again in a few hours. Ive been looking for a "travel mug" I could fill with coffee and throw in my pack and not worry about it leaking, if this keeps liquid reasonably hot for a few hours it will be ideal. After I check it at noon I will fill it again and put it outside as a test

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-24oz-Vacuum-Insulated-Stainless-Steel-Water-Bottle/907027011?athcpid=907027011&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=b5474935-717-1694e3ea061fa3&athena=true

Was just reading some of the reviews, so looking forward to yours. Only issue I read that was a concern was it can rust easily.

14 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Challenge accepted!

Note the pic does not includes duplicates and uninsulated water bottles.

y4m6ukEULu_r0CZx7Hn0AIaSxNoSoqnidzd7zmA_

HA! The two in the upper left are the same ones I have. Only difference is the two smaller ones I have are blue for the wife and red for me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The ozark trail tumblers are every bit as good as the yetis at a third of the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't let the celebrity Instagram hunters hear you say that . That and you don't shoot a Hoyt is easily publishable by death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't let the celebrity Instagram hunters hear you say that . That and you don't shoot a Hoyt is easily publishable by death.

Oh no! I have a Yeti and not one, but two Hoyts. Am I a HuntingNY pariah? If it helps me out... the one with a straw is made by Aladdin and I think it’s better than the Yeti. ef60d1fe888c9b5ba3eaac48f59aa1b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

i have one of the 10 or 12 oz lowball tumblers I guess you call them, in Ozark Trail, and Yeti.  The Ozark does not keep coffee hot for nearly as long as the Yeti in this case.  I feel like the Ozark is built thinner than the Yeti in these sizes that I have.  Honestly though, for this size, its not a lot of coffee, so both are hot long enough.  I bought Jenn a hot pink powdercoated Ozark Trail 30oz, and that keeps coffee super hot for hours, she has to take the lid off an hour later once at her desk.  I did hear these 2 brand were from the same factory, but who knows.  Hope you don’t mind me adding my experiences here.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bionic said:

i have one of the 10 or 12 oz yumblers lowball tumblers I guess you call them, in Ozark Trail, and Yeti.  The Ozark does not keep coffee hot for nearly as long as the Yeti in this case.  I feel like the Ozark is built thinner than the Yeti in these sizes that I have.  Honestly though, for this size, its not a lot of coffee, so both are hot long enough.  I bought Jenn a hot pink powdercoated Ozark Trail 30oz, and that keeps coffee super hot for hours, she has to take the lid off an hour later once at her desk.  I did hear these 2 brand were from the same factory, but who knows.  Hope you don’t mind me adding my experiences here.

Bionic, silly question, but would you be able to weigh each of the tumblers? I'm curious if the Yeti has more steel, or if it insulates better for other reasons.

• Like 1

i have one of the 10 or 12 oz yumblers lowball tumblers I guess you call them, in Ozark Trail, and Yeti.  The Ozark does not keep coffee hot for nearly as long as the Yeti in this case.  I feel like the Ozark is built thinner than the Yeti in these sizes that I have.  Honestly though, for this size, its not a lot of coffee, so both are hot long enough.  I bought Jenn a hot pink powdercoated Ozark Trail 30oz, and that keeps coffee super hot for hours, she has to take the lid off an hour later once at her desk.  I did hear these 2 brand were from the same factory, but who knows.  Hope you don’t mind me adding my experiences here.
Are the small ones ment to keep coffee hot for extended periods of time? I thought they were for mix drinks, wine, water, pop and whatever cold drink you want.

My wife has a yeti coffee mug with a lid and that keeps coffee real nice....just doesn't have a way to close the lid so she is looking to get another lid to use while in the car.

23 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Bionic, silly question, but would you be able to weigh each of the tumblers? I'm curious if the Yeti has more steel, or if it insulates better for other reasons.

Yes, actually I can, I have a little digital scale, will let you know!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Are the small ones ment to keep coffee hot for extended periods of time? I thought they were for mix drinks, wine, water, pop and whatever cold drink you want.

My wife has a yeti coffee mug with a lid and that keeps coffee real nice....just doesn't have a way to close the lid so she is looking to get another lid to use while in the car.

Honestly, the advertisements had a guy holding coffee outside, it’s for either or I am pretty sure.  Don’t get me wrong, both have great performance for their prices! The Yeti was $20, and the Ozark about $5-$6 i think.  I just feel the Ozark is thinner than the Yeti, so it loses heat faster.

@goosifer here you are....I believe they are the same advertised ounce size.  Could double check.  Here are the weights, I did zero the scale.  I measured them in grams. I did odd pics showing how they compare in size too.  Hope you find it useful.

48g difference 

Yeti= Stainless 

Ozark= Charcoal 

8B8CC6BD-92A0-4AFB-BF7E-71103394D61A.jpeg

1E7F6A8E-9026-4A60-91CE-A3A184879E12.jpeg

DF2F28C6-D255-45D5-BB37-F4C7E0D6E7A6.jpeg

1F70A5F4-E42F-4009-B44F-4FA1F362A96B.jpeg

BF648DB0-88A5-4CC9-8004-5AD0D78D6D13.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 3