Food plots on public land

Anyone have a idea how  likely those food plot  seeds will grow on a forest floor with out doing anything else to the land?  I think it may be more trouble then it's worth with no  guarantee that it will Even grow.

Edited by Storm914

If it is indeed legal, most all seeds will grow without tilling soil, Some are better than others.. Such as Winter rye as mentioned, smaller the seed the better. An adequate rainfall is required though. Your hardest part would be removing weeds and grass competition. Without tilling or spraying..  

11 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Actually I just did some research and I found an old thread from this forum from 2011 where the guys were saying it is perfectly legal to establish and hunt over a public land foodplot . 

7209EDEF-E7CE-4ADC-AD8B-B0151A27FB69.png

You may want to read that thread a little more closely... 

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 9.56.57 AM.png

Here is another issue you may have to worry about deer may like   feeding on those seeds so if you are just chucking them on the ground with out physically planting them. You may technically be accused of baiting deer  even if it is  pre season when you do this . Between that and the fact its public land and others may hunt over it seems like more trouble then its worth in my opinion.  

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

Power lines are right of ways  issued to the power company  or owned by the power company. Same as gas lines . Unless other wise posted as public access  you are trespassing.  Exception public lands. I have a gas line , and power line on my property . They are posted . I have constant  battles with people crossing my backyard with 4 wheelers , snowmobiles. Have had one guy ticketed  multiple times . Last time he appeared  in court  judge warned him if he did it again he was going to jail and they were going to seize  his vehicle. You should check for owner permission  before doing anything. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Power lines are right of ways  issued to the power company  or owned by the power company. Same as gas lines . Unless other wise posted as public access  you are trespassing.  Exception public lands. I have a gas line , and power line on my property . They are posted . I have constant  battles with people crossing my backyard with 4 wheelers , snowmobiles. Have had one guy ticketed  multiple times . Last time he appeared  in court  judge warned him if he did it again he was going to jail and they were going to seize  his vehicle. You should check for owner permission  before doing anything. 

So your thinking Winter Rye then huh ?