Shock trade: OBJ going to Cleveland!

Jdubs

After the initial gut punch settled, I think this is a very good trade for the Giants.  Steelers got a 3d rounder and a 5th rounder for Antonio Brown.  Giants are getting a 1st, 3rd, and Jabrill Peppers who is 23 years old and is essentially Landon Collins lite with better cover skills.  Plus the cap savings they'll have from getting out of that contract.  As great as Beckham is, Giants weren't winning with him anyway because they just have way too many holes to fill.  With this trade, Giants can potentially fill 3 holes immediately and whatever free agents they sign next year.  With Sterling Shepard, Evan Engrams, and Saquan Barkley, their passing attack wasn't a problem.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Elmo said:

After the initial gut punch settled, I think this is a very good trade for the Giants.  Steelers got a 3d rounder and a 5th rounder for Antonio Brown.  Giants are getting a 1st, 3rd, and Jabrill Peppers who is 23 years old and is essentially Landon Collins lite with better cover skills.  Plus the cap savings they'll have from getting out of that contract.  As great as Beckham is, Giants weren't winning with him anyway because they just have way too many holes to fill.  With this trade, Giants can potentially fill 3 holes immediately and whatever free agents they sign next year.  With Sterling Shepard, Evan Engrams, and Saquan Barkley, their passing attack wasn't a problem.

I agree, but truth be told I was pissed when the Giants passed up Aaron Donald to draft Beckham instead.:haha:  OBJ turns 28 in November and another injury-shortened, tabloid-making season would kill any future trade value and just piss off the front office even more.  AB always showed up.  Besides, it's not like OBJ did jack in the one playoff game he played in.  

Only reason I even tune in any more is because of Saquon.  The NFL is all about the money and most players care way more about their cha-ching than winning a ring.  Saquon is a rare player and man in this day and age. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

I agree, but truth be told I was pissed when the Giants passed up Aaron Donald to draft Beckham instead.:haha:  OBJ turns 28 in November and another injury-shortened, tabloid-making season would kill any future trade value and just piss off the front office even more.  AB always showed up.  Besides, it's not like OBJ did jack in the one playoff game he played in.  

Only reason I even tune in any more is because of Saquon.  The NFL is all about the money and most players care way more about their cha-ching than winning a ring.  Saquon is a rare player and man in this day and age. 

Yeap.  It's Saquon's team now and I'm okay with that.  OBJ on a rebuilding team would only have been a distraction.

It amazes me just how these teams that secure FAs with big paychecks that have had troublesome relationships with former teams, think they can manage an arrogant, entitled, egotistical man-boy?? People do NOT change... Anyways... sounds great for the Browns, at least on the surface and to the fans. Wait n see!!

Edited by nyslowhand

You would be more excited with Darnold every week, saquon will be gone long
Before Darnold is done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s my fear - no big time player sticks with the team that identified the talent first. I hope Barkley is the exception. Maybe he’s related to Charles- we know what a good head he has on his shoulder!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I just learned girls and I going to Cleveland to the rock n roll hall of fame and staying overnight in The Christmas Story house. That count ? Don’t have to report til end of April 

Don't forget to hit up little johnys for a burger , you can see the rockn roll hall of fame from there.   Dont let the outside fool you ,its a tiny little old fashion bar ,not a huge menu .

As a jets fan I'm glad we got Bell, we haven't had a back like that since Curtis Marten. I still wish we took Baker instead of Darnold but time will tell how that plays out. I said we will be looking for a new coach or QB in three years.

Cleveland will be a playoff team next year. Obj and Landry played at LSU together and are back together with their college WR coach. I dont need to talk D but Myles Garrett is studd. I dont think he should be playing but they have Kareem hunt too.  Should that not work out they have nick chubb .Watch out nfl..

Super bowl prediction - NE vs Dallas

Edited by sbuff

I just learned girls and I going to Cleveland to the rock n roll hall of fame and staying overnight in The Christmas Story house. That count ? Don’t have to report til end of April 

Greenhouse Tavern...SMOKED BBQ PIGS HEAD served with fresh popover rolls(order extra right away!). Might be my top meal EVER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I stay next to rock hall every week. Some good brewers there..and walk up to winking lizard for some good bbq and draft

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eric J said:

The Giants have NY on their helmets....

Cuomo is going to implement a new tax to have that removed. They don’t play, practice or facilitate any business out of New York. Neither do the jests. Only one New York team and that’s my bills baby....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You would be more excited with Darnold every week, saquon will be gone long
Before Darnold is done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Barkley and Kyler Murray or Dwayne Haskins versus Sam Darnold and....Nick Bosa?  Can't look at Barkley and Darnold by themselves since a team is never built on one draft.  If the Giants find their QB of their future in this years or next years draft and he turns out to be comparable to Darnold then getting Barkley was the right choice.

30 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Barkley and Kyler Murray or Dwayne Haskins versus Sam Darnold and....Nick Bosa?  Can't look at Barkley and Darnold by themselves since a team is never built on one draft.  If the Giants find their QB of their future in this years or next years draft and he turns out to be comparable to Darnold then getting Barkley was the right choice.

Theres no Darnold in this draft