Shock trade: OBJ going to Cleveland!

Jdubs

16 millon to not come back to the locker room is a win for Odell.I am glad he got shifted and not cause he cannot play the game but he is not a role Model for the sport,crawling around and beating/banging his head and fists off of things.

• Haha 1

I just don't get why sone of these gifted athletes, playing a team sport,  for hundreds of millions of dollars, have to act like idiots. Just play the game, collect your money, try to do some good and give back a little. Then just move along. Yeah, you're a great player. But you still put your pants on, one leg at a time like the rest of us.

• Like 4

What a great drunken response! Eli Manning has been an example of a good person. NFL man of the year, never beat his wife, hurt his kids. I’m tired of giants fans piling on Eli for playing poorly look at the supporting cast you can’t throw the ball from your back or when your primary receiver is in a tumultuous relationship with the kicking net. Look back when Jeremy Shockey was on the team you had to bring the A game to beat the giants or just cover the loud idiot demanding the ball

What a great drunken response! Eli Manning has been an example of a good person. NFL man of the year, never beat his wife, hurt his kids. I’m tired of giants fans piling on Eli for playing poorly look at the supporting cast you can’t throw the ball from your back or when your primary receiver is in a tumultuous relationship with the kicking net. Look back when Jeremy Shockey was on the team you had to bring the A game to beat the giants or just cover the loud idiot demanding the ball

It’s not a drunken response. Hill was a big time D1 recruit until he choked out his prego girlfriend. He got kicked off the team and played at a tiny school.
Chiefs drafted him a few years later later in draft. Talent was still there but clearly his habits haven’t changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, grampy said:

I just don't get why sone of these gifted athletes, playing a team sport,  for hundreds of millions of dollars, have to act like idiots. Just play the game, collect your money, try to do some good and give back a little. Then just move along. Yeah, you're a great player. But you still put your pants on, one leg at a time like the rest of us.

Exactly!!!

Okay, so maybe there's a certain segment of professional athletes that just can NOT seem to leave the aggressive nature of their job in the locker room before going out in public. These individuals give the whole sport a proverbial black-eye! Unfortunately, this behavior is more common place than athletes that might be considered role models and get much less "press" for their good deeds.

It also seems to me that the most productive positive members of the NFL are not coming from the first round. Organizations get a boost from first round picks, but taking a homegrown late pick that needs to fight for his spot seems more beneficial in the long run. Those first rounders “shAt don’t stink” and rules don’t apply to them(or their newly found windfall bank accounts) and their motivation is no longer to get better but to get richer quicker. I know y’all love them Patriots but they found a formula that works and their studs ain’t from round 1....usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk