Savage 99 Video- A Favorite Firearm!

When it comes to rifles a man after my own heart as the old saying goes, a nice little video TenXTimmy. I have the exact same rifle in 30-30, was my Dad's he worked at Savage Arms in Utica before the war so it is special for me. These are classic rifles with a design way ahead of it's time and I think Savage made a mistake when they discontinued making them.

I also have the Woolrich PA Tux and the Bean Maine hunting boots, old fashioned maybe but still all good stuff that works.

Al

Edited by airedale

8 hours ago, airedale said:

When it comes to rifles a man after my own heart as the old saying goes, a nice little video TenXTimmy. I have the exact same rifle in 30-30, was my Dad's he worked at Savage Arms in Utica before the war so it is special for me. These are classic rifles with a design way ahead of it's time and I think Savage made a mistake when they discontinued making them.

I also have the Woolrich PA Tux and the Bean Maine hunting boots, old fashioned maybe but still all good stuff that works.

Al

Thanks so much Al for the kind words. Wow you have quite a history with savage and I’m so glad you still have the rifle! You can’t beat the wool and LL Bean for quality either. Quite a combination if you ask me! I had a feeling there would be some more Savage fans out there. Thanks again for watching!

Here is a photo of my Dad's 99 Tim, well used but in decent shape, I took it apart and gave it a good cleaning not too long ago. I hope to kill at least one deer with it while I can still see well enough to use open sights.

I have always wanted a 99A in 250-3000 if I could find one in nice shape at a reasonable price. Need it like a hole in the head but I keep looking LOL.

Best of luck and continued success hunting with your 99.

Al

100_2938.JPG

Edited by airedale

Good video.  My friend, who doesn't hunt, inherited a Savage 99 in .250-3000.  His Dad called it "The Queen".  I keep bugging him to sell it to me, and he keeps saying he will, but so far it has not come to pass.  Very frustrating.

Those are really nice !! they don't make them like they use to .

I guess the modern version of something close to that is the browning BLR  takedown .  Mechanically different and with a detachable magazine but it's the same concept of making a lever gun that can use spitzer bullets.

Don't know why if browning can still make money making guns like this with a similar concept why others don't follow.