Well off to the vets

cynthiafu

1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

Well off to the vets for a second time this month . Max has been running  the fence barking at the  deer and has cut his head and neck on the fence . It is all infected looking yucky last time it cost 200.00 ugh another bill so soon . 

You could buy the 'fish' antibiotics on amazon and administer yourself. Do this all the time with our cats. Clean the wounds and give 'em the same antibiotics the vet will for a fraction of the cost. There are sites online that discuss dosage size.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ApexerER said:

That sucks, was trying to think of an idea to stop that from happening but I got nothing other than putting a cone on his head when he goes out....

We had a cone on his head one time but he scooped up poop with it lolol so no cone when he goes out lolo

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, The_Field_Ager said:

You could buy the 'fish' antibiotics on amazon and administer yourself. Do this all the time with our cats. Clean the wounds and give 'em the same antibiotics the vet will for a fraction of the cost. There are sites online that discuss dosage size.

I buy 2 different antibiotics on line and shots from Tractor supply. I have all kinds of stuff to help me out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

took my boy to the vets today as well on my lunch - $400 by the time i got out of there.  Annual checkup, flea stuff, shots, heartworm stuff  but he is covered for the year! - geeze!  But he's my best buddy - gotta keep him healthy !  Good luck with yours! 

That's crazy!  I am subscribed (think that is what it's called) on Amazon for the seresto collars $36 each, I cut in half to make 2. I just bought 3 shots from TS for $33. 

I am actually going to vet today for rabies and my dogs ears I can't clear up. 

1 hour ago, Paula said:

That's crazy!  I am subscribed (think that is what it's called) on Amazon for the seresto collars $36 each, I cut in half to make 2. I just bought 3 shots from TS for $33. 

I am actually going to vet today for rabies and my dogs ears I can't clear up. 

I get the flea control pills which are like $120 for a years supply and a seresto collar cause the ticks are so bad here.  Then the heart guard for a year which was another $90.  Then he had all his shots for Lyme, lepto, rabies etc... And a yearly exam.  Sure gets expensive quick. But unless something happens won't have to go back til next year.  

• Like 1