2 Deer killed with one bullet ?

Hunter007

Not to me personally, but a guy I know has had it happen with the bow.   Ground blind, two does with on shot.  Front doe was hit perfect behind the shoulder. Second doe was hit in the hind quarter.  He was really confused when the one he didn't realize was hit dropped in the field. 

Impressive may not be the word I select to describe this. Know your target AND BEYOND.
I watched most of the second video and when the shooter (11) or the father said they didn’t know the doe was there , I was not at all impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crappyice said:

Impressive may not be the word I select to describe this. Know your target AND BEYOND.
I watched most of the second video and when the shooter (11) or the father said they didn’t know the doe was there , I was not at all impressed.

I mean impressive as in the power of a slug to do that . Especially a slug from a 12 ga that loses energy a lot faster down range then a bullet. Definitely not to be underestimated. 

I mean impressive as in the power of a slug to do that . Especially a slug from a 12 ga that loses energy a lot faster down range then a bullet. Definitely not to be underestimated. 

Nope! If you watched your own video it talks about how her shot was 1 in a million; not how impressed they were with the slug....I am not getting sucked in your vortex. You got your fill of attention from me!
What’s that word...idiocy: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result....that’s me!!!!

31 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Nope! If you watched your own video it talks about how her shot was 1 in a million; not how impressed they were with the slug....I am not getting sucked in your vortex. You got your fill of attention from me!
What’s that word...idiocy: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result....that’s me!!!!

Ok then what luck!! do you like those  words  better .

Well now that you mention it  you do have this bad habit of trying to be the word and grammar nazi on here  .

Impressive in the context of that video could mean  different things as in wow !!!  Or holy crap!!, Awe!! 

Does not necessarily mean I think  it was her skill that made that happen. 

That's just you speculating on what I meant by that statement.  

Edited by Storm914

I've passed on deer because there were too many clumped together to be sure of hitting just one. I chalk it up to "just my luck" and the universe's sense of humor. Don't see any deer... then when you do, there's too many to shoot. :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

My old man went on a fly in caribou hunt back in ‘96 . He shot a really nice bull about midway through the trip. When he and his guide got over to the bull he just shot, they found a small cow right behind his bull laying dead as well. He nor his guide ever saw the cow behind the bull. Luckily, the guide had some extra cow tags so he put one on the cow.

Not what he was intending to do, but it makes for a cool story!

• Like 1

I did it on purpose one muzzleloader season. I watched this group of does come out into the field for two nights, same spot and same time. The wind was right so the third night I slipped into the hedge row about 45 minutes before their schedule appearance.  Here they came right on cue. The biggest in the lead and she came in to 40 yards perfectly broadside. I raised my Encore and settled in for the shot. I was just sitting on a rock wall with my elbows on my knees. Perfect sitting position. I was just about to squeeze the trigger and another doe walked right up to her on the far side. They had to be standing within inches of each other and were so lined up that the legs were all that looked different. Since I had 2 doe tags I figured why not. Every deer I have shot with the shockwaves has passed through. so I squeezed. and deer on the far side folded in her tracks and the one closest to me took off on a dash. She ran about 60 yards to the wood line and tumbled. Both were perfect placement but the deer on the far side had a golf ball sized entry hole and a bigger exit hole. The close one was about the same size in and out. That told me what I suspected. The shockwaves weren't expanding as much or quickly as I wanted. 

• Like 4

I hit two doe in early bow season a year or two ago. I was in an 8 ft stand, too, so elevated. 6 does came in and were milling about, I picked out the second to last one at 25 yards. The deer behind it was at ~28ish yards but was a full body length to the right from my line of sight. I've shot plenty of deer like that scenario with bow and gun and no problems. This shot was pretty clean but for some reason I saw the arrow take a really really hard right upon exit and I admit I didn't see what immediately happened after that, but it was clear I had hit both deer. The one I intended folded up within 35 yards. The other was tail down, not hunched and bleeding from both sides visibly but ran out of sight into corn. Found my arrow about 80 yards away from the hit site and confirmed Doe #2 was bleeding both sides. Tracked into standing corn and it petered out heading into ground we cannot access. I was unable to recover her after searching pretty hard. I am convinced she died because we saw the now group of four pretty often after that. Was bummed at that mishap but I don't think I'd have played it any different if the situation presented itself again. That arrow had to have taken a 45-90 degree angle change.

Arrow seemed to have deflected off of the off side does elbow as it reacted to the shot.