Coming home from work last evening we were held up by a gobbler road block. Watched them strut and fan for a minute before we could get around them. Turned out to be escaped domestics from a nearby home, but still got my blood pumping! Were acting just like wild turkeys.

0617B968-61C5-4E44-A097-0AAA0796EE70.jpeg

• Like 5

if i can kick this bug I plan to do some scouting this weekend. But this always reminds me that NY is about 2 to 3 weeks late in their opening day :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Those are biggg Tom's.

My wife keeps some chickens for a hobby. Not solely to produce eggs or meat per say, more like pets or a pet flock. I'm going to put the bug in her ear to maybe keep a turkey or two. Easy for me to say - she does all the work to keep up with it.

• Like 1

A buddy of mine had a domestic gobbler....He named him Floyd....When he got visitors that did not know much about turkeys, he would tell them that his turkey would answer to his name...He would then holler " FLOYD  !!"  and the turkey would gobble, impressing his guests...What they did not know was that Floyd would gobble at ANY loud noise...He could have hollered ' RALPH !!"  and got the same response from Floyd....He finally had to get rid of Floyd because the bird started attacking his wife whenever she came outside....True story....

• Like 1