Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

WNYBuckHunter

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Now that is pretty cool

Actually it’s fairly common. My AR I set up, like that , back up  flip up iron sights (  Magpul ) that are easy to see and shoot through the red dot .

Some co- witness them ,that is the red dot is set to be right on the top,of front iron sight .

Mine stay down , just buis ,if red dot fails .

Daughter takes her hunting course first weekend in may then we are going to try and kill a turkey.  So we went to the range today. She shot the H&R 20gauge and mossberg 500 20gauge.  Shes going with the single shot.  Grouped great out to 30yrds and small enough for her to lug around all day if needed. 

20190426_174447.jpg

• Like 6

Out this am after rains cleared on public land in 3g. Very windy and tough to hear well. Got one confirmed shock gobble to a crow call and that's it. Have a good sense where this tom has been hanging. Hopefully he stays to the area for the opener.

Heading out early from work on the 30th. Hope to roos one for the next morning. Good luck to all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 10:16 AM, ODYSSEUS said:

Not a good start for me in New Jersey. 4 Days hunting so far.  I have heard just 1 Gobble in 4 days. That was today at 5.48am. One Gobble and done. Today was my most enjoyable morning so far though. Had a nice  Talk with Tom- a Turkey Hunter who parked next to me. He has not heard any Gobbling either. And , I also had a nice Talk with a Mountain Biker at 6.45am in the middle of the Woods on a Trail. They get out very early too! I might not cut a Feather this Spring at this rate- LOL! :this:

All you need is one, then end it with a bang.

• Like 1

What course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Private DOGTRACK!!! Willow Ridge in Harrison - 7/9 blind tee shots. Drives land middle of fairway and roll 50 yards to the shit, ball IN fairway blocked by green side tree TWICE. Stupid track

Private DOGTRACK!!! Willow Ridge in Harrison - 7/9 blind tee shots. Drives land middle of fairway and roll 50 yards to the shit, ball IN fairway blocked by green side tree TWICE. Stupid track

Interesting. I never played it but heard similar reviews about it.