Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

WNYBuckHunter

This morning I chose to hunt public land instead of private land where I saw two hens last evening. I was able to drop this jake nothing big , but the hunt was fun.  With the conditions this morning I wasn’t going to give him a pass. I am always grateful to Jesus for allowing me enjoy his outdoors. 

25CB173E-EC3D-4CBD-9478-65D05099338F.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Quick hunt. 3 gobbles on roost. They flew down   I cut the distance from 250 yards to about 150 using ridge as cover.  1 purr and cut me off. 2 hens got behind me at 10 yards. This gobbler was on a string as I purred one more time. He and another was behind him a bit.  Saw him at about 30 yards but too thick. Oh crap he’s going to walk on my feet if he gets any closer. Full on search mode even with two ladies right in front of him.  Shot him at 8 yards. Love me this fastfire 3. Hole in neck size of quarter. Bang no flop on this one.  View from gobbler lounger , hat where I shot him.

41CD976E-C532-44F6-8321-F80A0D52E8C4.png

601B4BD1-BD6A-4C95-B322-EB0A8E7FD382.png

• Like 48

Quick hunt. 3 gobbles on roost. They flew down   I cut the distance from 250 yards to about 150 using ridge as cover.  1 purr and cut me off. 2 hens got behind me at 10 yards. This gobbler was on a string as I purred one more time. He and another was behind him a bit.  Saw him at about 30 yards but too thick. Oh crap he’s going to walk on my feet if he gets any closer. Full on search mode even with two ladies right in front of him.  Shot him at 8 yards. Love me this fastfire 3. Hole in neck size of quarter. Bang no flop on this one.  View from gobbler lounger , hat where I shot him.
41CD976E-C532-44F6-8321-F80A0D52E8C4.thumb.png.abcb6d0168f3c2a40d5d1b5664fa6d25.png
601B4BD1-BD6A-4C95-B322-EB0A8E7FD382.thumb.png.8bd77342ab0dcff09211684229c5eae3.png

Living up to the name!!!! Throw out that bow damnit and except your true FEATHERS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I sure wish deer season opened May 1. You would think the rut is on.

Up at 430 and neighbors rooster was hammering away. Not a single response from a tom. Not a great sign.

5 miles walked so far in 3g public lands. Not a single gobble heard. Taking a rest doing some blind calling to see if I can bring one in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Heard my first gobble at 5:10 about 300yrd out into neighbors land.  He must have gobbled 50 times.  At 5:25 I gave a few calls and directly off to my right one sounds off only 80 yrs out. 

I can't move because I can see him on the limb. He flies down and at 25 yrds I shot. I had to shoot lefty, and it was a hard angle. Needless to say I pulled the shot.  

Got on a different tom, and had him committed. At 60 yrds two hens intercepted and away they went. 

On the way back to the truck, spotted two strutter's in a corn field. Circled them 3 times trying to get them in range.  Closest the got was 75 yrds. Had the hens within 10 feet, but the toms never went near those hens. 

All in all, it was a hell of a lot of fun. Except for the miss.  

• Like 3

Congrats! And leaves even more silent.  Browning A5?
Thanks!
It's a Remington Mod. 11.
It was made in 1939.
My grandfather left it to me.
2 3/4" shells and full choke gets the deed done!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, PREDATE said:

Thanks!
It's a Remington Mod. 11.
It was made in 1939.
My grandfather left it to me.
2 3/4" shells and full choke gets the deed done!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I knew that, had the same one that my Dad bought in the ‘40s , sold it along with all his and my Grandfathers gun a few years back .

Nice job .

• Like 1