Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

WNYBuckHunter

I run rem nitro turkey with six shot its the best I have found to shoot out of the 870 sure shot sythentic

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm running an 870 also! Hoping some local shops may have some good stuff

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

What loads is everyone running? Last I used was dead coyote, but ran out and need to hopefully find something for this weekend locally

hevi-13's for me. Been hearing great things about the TSS loads

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

What loads is everyone running? Last I used was dead coyote, but ran out and need to hopefully find something for this weekend locally

Winchester XR's 3.5 " 2ounce of 5's or 3.5" Tss 7's    3 " Tsss 7's in daughters 20   at 30 yards and patterned gun anything will flop em

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Winchester XR's 3.5 " 2ounce of 5's or 3.5" Tss 7's    3 " Tsss 7's in daughters 20   at 30 yards and patterned gun anything will flop em

agreed. there's a thread on a ms board where i guy supposedly dropped a bird at 75 with remington nitros. cheap shell and ethics aside, they can all get it done. 

I however look at all the time, money and effort expelled before that 2 seconds of truth and don't have a problem spending $5 a shell. That's very inconsequential in the whole picture. And there's a guy earlier in this thread that learned that the hard way.

• Like 1

I use mag blends. I picked up 4 boxes of the reduced recoil ones like 4 or 5 years ago, but I’ll probably be buying the regular ones from now on. They do the job out to about 45-50 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

I shoot Winchester Long Beard XR's.  12 ga. 3 1/2" #4's 

Mowes'em down.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Let a friend and his co-worker hunt my place this morning. They doubled up on a pair of Jakes. So now the easy ones are gone and I'll have to work for one of the longbeards!

My first time out will be tomorrow morning as long as it's not pouring.

IMG_8005.jpg

I need to get more friends or better co-workers!   Good luck tomorrow!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I need to get more friends or better co-workers!   Good luck tomorrow! 

I try to be a good friend! I even went out the night before and put a popup blind up for them. I'll be starting there in the morning.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

I hunted over 6 hours this morning. Walking and Setting up and repeat. I am taking that Moss-Double Tone Box out again after the super response to it this morning. I might have to do the ( Box call in the Plastic bag) in case of spotty showers. The Dollar Tree Gray + Green plastic bag. BRING ON THE MORNING!!

Good luck bill 

• Thanks 1

Love my wife. She was walking our dogs and roosted some Tom's for me. Unfortunately they are on the neighbors property and across a road I can never seem to get them to cross. If it isn't raining tomorrow am I will give it another run. Good luck to all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Daughter cant hunt until after sunday but she asked to tag along with me this weekend.  So i will have some company in the morning.  

That's awesome.  Good luck swampy.  

I hunted over 6 hours this morning. Walking and Setting up and repeat. I am taking that Moss-Double Tone Box out again after the super response to it this morning. I might have to do the ( Box call in the Plastic bag) in case of spotty showers. The Dollar Tree Gray + Green plastic bag. BRING ON THE MORNING!!

Billy Boy shoots a Tom tomorrow at 7:12am. Book it!

• Like 1

So far, in my neck of the Catskills, it's been cloudy and cool, with rain often all three days.  More rain in the forecast this weekend too.  Haven't heard a gobble at all and heard only two distant shots so far.  No way of knowing what they were shooting at.  Not seeing many birds in the usual fields along Rt 28 either.  Did have 3 nice big hens come into my decoy this morning around 11 AM, but no Tom with them.

It's a good thing the season has a long way to go.

Doing something I rarely do, getting in the woods before daylight. Everyday the birds have been getting in a big green field and staying all morning in the middle. This morning I’m going to be within 20yds of where they’re roosted an hr before they wake up. Here goes nothing!

• Like 3