Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

WNYBuckHunter

29 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Appreciate the kind words guys! Really means a lot to me

You deserve every one of em. You always go the extra mile sir. And are a fine representative of us all.

Hope to catch up with ya on Saratoga Lake this summer!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grampy said:

You deserve every one of em. You always go the extra mile sir. And are a fine representative of us all.

Hope to catch up with ya on Saratoga Lake this summer!

I hope so too! Its a long time coming that we do some fishing together

• Like 1

I spent this morning on the property....Hear and saw NOTHING !  Since I had a few chores to tend to, I pulled the plug at 11:30...

I decided to hunt another property tomorrow, for a change of scenery...

Just as I was pulling out of the gate, three BIG longbeards were crossing the road onto  our property...

I guess I'll be hunting there again tomorrow.... Hehehe....

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I spent this morning on the property....Hear and saw NOTHING !  Since I had a few chores to tend to, I pulled the plug at 11:30...

I decided to hunt another property tomorrow, for a change of scenery...

Just as I was pulling out of the gate, three BIG longbeards were crossing the road onto  our property...

I guess I'll be hunting there again tomorrow.... Hehehe....

Go get em TIGER! 

• Thanks 1

He also travels quite the distance and often goes the distance (without boozing hard!) to make the GTGs. Good Dude...good outdoorsman from NYC(Queens is close enough!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dudes got great dedication. Shit I live 5 mins drive on a slow day from where I hunt and sometimes I just roll over and go back to sleep. Way to get it done!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Hell of a Slowwww start for me-- LOL! Enjoying being out there and trying though. Home early. Things to do. If it Thunders, I am racing out the door to the woods!  0 for 13 so far..

Bill , after awhile of deer hunting and turkey hunting and not killing one I always think there’s gotta be a dumb one out there as every town has its town idiot. It keeps my head in the game looking for that one. Can’t say you aren’t putting the effort in.  You’ll get rewarded. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Hell of a Slowwww start for me-- LOL! Enjoying being out there and trying though. Home early. Things to do. If it Thunders, I am racing out the door to the woods!  0 for 13 so far..

I have no doubt that you will get a gobbler down at some point this season. You are too good, and too dedicated, to not pull it off somehow, somewhere, someway. Was it last year you tipped over a huge tom near the end of the season? Wishing you luck. Get out there and send it!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

After last years issue, i ran straight to the bird and didnt let it out of sight until it completely stopped moving.

dude, very cool story and I completely know the feeling after rolling one a few years back that i probably could have caught up too if I moved my ass. There isn't much sweeter than a bang flop. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:

dude, very cool story and I completely know the feeling after rolling one a few years back that i probably could have caught up too if I moved my ass. There isn't much sweeter than a bang flop. 

I agree. Nothing sweeter than bang, flop. That's him just left of the big maple tree. 

IMG_20190507_104344.jpg

• Like 9

It was Gobbler Central on the property this morning Seven longbeard sightings..A couple may have come by twice, but I know for sure there were five separate gobblers..

And with all that, I couldn't coax ONE within gun range...<<sigh>>….

Oh well... With that many birds around, one is sure to make a mistake sooner or later....Or not....Hehehe....

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

It was Gobbler Central on the property this morning Seven longbeard sightings..A couple may have come by twice, but I know for sure there were five separate gobblers..

And with all that, I couldn't coax ONE within gun range...<<sigh>>….

Oh well... With that many birds around, one is sure to make a mistake sooner or later....Or not....Hehehe....

Tomorrow is the day - I'll be waiting for the photo - go get him!

• Like 2

Anyone got any options on the Alps grand slam vest? Looking to get A vest. Never had one before and it's just getting too cumbersome to deal with everything in pockets and still attempt to be stealthy

57 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Anyone got any options on the Alps grand slam vest? Looking to get A vest. Never had one before and it's just getting too cumbersome to deal with everything in pockets and still attempt to be stealthy

I like my Striker vest from Bass Pro. Wasn't very expressive and is comfortable. Only thing that sucks is the box call pocket. Good vest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

They support nwtf and they donate to out banquet. Everything they donate has been top notch. I don't think they will disappoint.

• Like 1

Headed out in the morning to hunt a new/old property here in town.  It's several hundred acres I used to hunt almost 10 years ago.  It got sold and sold and sold again, so now I have permission again.  A few small, hidden back fields and the rest is a series of hardwood ridges.  I have killed a half dozen birds there over the years, so I'm hoping to at least hear a bird and work a bird.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Tomorrow is the day - I'll be waiting for the photo - go get him!

I have a plan for tomorrow....One corner of the field was VERY busy today..If I had been set up there I could have killed any one of four gobblers...I will be set up there tomorrow morning...

• Like 6

I ditched the vest and went to a hip pack which I like, but this is looking pretty good too

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/16885519962346823965?q=turkey+hunting+hip+pack&client=safari&hl=en-us&biw=375&bih=635&tbs=vw:g,ss:44&prmd=sivn&prds=epd:14367778129422991784,paur:ClkAsKraX8YB4G1beyeqlYYZWxCMK6vYXSga3UpkcDIxu5CsRnzs3vhus7OFmORE4cSssovMXbFle4sveWAmGoKyo3YETg43QEvtsIJxt_DaQiVrWky6-cRdURIZAFPVH71pEFhVm-7uDDvWUsWfY-tOndztRg,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

The big thing I figure is with the vest I can have the seat all together. I never hunt turkeys from a blind.

39 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I have a plan for tomorrow....One corner of the field was VERY busy today..If I had been set up there I could have killed any one of four gobblers...I will be set up there tomorrow morning...

I know your a blind guy.  Will you set up a blind in am or just take a seat?