Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

WNYBuckHunter

20 minutes ago, kpkot said:

I know your a blind guy.  Will you set up a blind in am or just take a seat? 

I will be there well before daylight and set up a popup blind....I can  work in the dark...

When I was younger I used to do some of my BEST work in the dark..Hehehe...

I can no longer sit for long periods of time against a tree without  fidgeting, cramping, etc...

Inside a blind I can sit on a comfortable chair, run my box call,  fart, scratch my nutz, and still not spook birds...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I have a plan for tomorrow....One corner of the field was VERY busy today..If I had been set up there I could have killed any one of four gobblers...I will be set up there tomorrow morning...

Good luck Dan.  Shoot "em where the corn goes in!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The big thing I figure is with the vest I can have the seat all together. I never hunt turkeys from a blind.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Me neither, the hip pack came with a seat but I took it off because I carry in a little mesh seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Anyone got any options on the Alps grand slam vest? Looking to get A vest. Never had one before and it's just getting too cumbersome to deal with everything in pockets and still attempt to be stealthy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a cabela's tactical tat'r 2 vest it's a pretty nice vest ,but doesn't fit my style of hunting. I like my gear and chair apart.I'm putting it up for sale if your interested.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Mens-Tactical-Tatr-Turkey-Vest/730722.uts?slotId=1

11 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Terrible Dilemma to have..... I have tomorrow off and do I fish for walleyes or turkey hunt?.......and yes i will only get to do one or the other not both. Really cant decide

turkey the fish will be there all summer.

• Like 1

Every few years I forget to chamber a round before I head out after turkeys.  It almost never ends well.  This morning was no exception.  Real nice morning. Text book hunt.  Gobbled on the roost.  Called a bit. Got aggressive on the slate.  Once I was sure he was coming I put the calls away.  He came 150-200 yards, across a set of posters and over a stonewall.  Click.  SIGH.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

5 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Every few years I forget to chamber a round before I head out after turkeys.  It almost never ends well.  This morning was no exception.  Real nice morning. Text book hunt.  Gobbled on the roost.  Called a bit. Got aggressive on the slate.  Once I was sure he was coming I put the calls away.  He came 150-200 yards, across a set of posters and over a stonewall.  Click.  SIGH.  

I've been there.  Only once though.   

12 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I will be there well before daylight and set up a popup blind....I can  work in the dark...

I can no longer sit for long periods of time against a tree without  fidgeting, cramping, etc...

Inside a blind I can sit on a comfortable chair, run my box call,  fart, scratch my nutz, and still not spook birds...

I sorta compromised, at least in spots where the walk isn't too far. I bring a gobbler lounger chair and a portable blind (the small fold-up type that youn unroll & stake in the ground). I can get away with a lot of movement and still sit for hours without fidgeting, I can pick up in 5-10 minutes if I decide to move.

• Like 2

I was out hunting few days ago when a coyote came running right at me. He must have winded me because he stopped and dropped the deer head that was in his mouth. He then turned and ran back the way he came. I also saw my first albino squirrel. I'm gonna remember where I saw his ass come September....if he lives that long.IMG_2725.thumb.JPG.c19b6741adb1cfc30ac6835211ce770f.JPGIMG_2726.thumb.JPG.c1d1cc0c843473f4f6bfd475f62a5a00.JPG

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Not turkey hunting related but went to get my son from daycare and i saw ahead of me in the middle of the road(backroad) a hen just laying down.  She got up when i got closer and walked off didnt look injured.  Just thought it was odd she would just lay down in the road.

9 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Not turkey hunting related but went to get my son from daycare and i saw ahead of me in the middle of the road(backroad) a hen just laying down.  She got up when i got closer and walked off didnt look injured.  Just thought it was odd she would just lay down in the road.

Dirt road? Maybe dusting from mites 

20 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Pygmy you forgot to add burping and picking your nose and of course reading and replying to the Live from the Woods 2019 Turkey Edition. LOL. Good luck to you.             valoroutdoors.com 

Edited by CharlieNY
Add
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Passed up 2 Fine Gobblers. The first had 2 Saplings between him and me and the 2nd was at over 60 yards.   .

I don't consider that "passing up" anything,  those were two no-shoot situations.

Tomorrow is a new day though.........good luck.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1