Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Out for officially the last time. Love the nicer weather but it sure is buggy out. No gobbles yet. Crows nice and noisy so hopefully the inspire something. Here till 8 or 9, then work and close the day out with a drive to the beach to kickoff summer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Settled in after getting the boys to school....my view for the morning.

My dad is on the other end of the property and just let me know on his way in he bumped a real nice buck. Said he was big bodied and sporting some real nice velvet already.

That made his morning already since we just hung a stand for him on that side to cover the lower section of grapes they like to use for cover.f7c2413f7ba6802f53497305724b4384.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I setup on my local tom and he gobbled just 5 or so times, flew down, and walked a long way up to a tilled field where he proceeded to strut in a group of geese. He’s done that a few days in a row now I think i can cut him off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How about posting you up in front of someone else calling ? I may know somebody for Tuesday^_^

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How about posting you up in front of someone else calling ? I may know somebody for Tuesday^_^

I'll be in the "neighborhood" Thursday morning.........the job is scheduled and a gun just might could be in the truck.

• Like 2

I'm living vicariously through you guys till Wednesday. I'm in Baltimore for a free days, I checked out the Maryland DNR and apparently spring turkey season ended on may 23rd. Just my luck! Thought maybe I could sneak out in the mornings while the girls sleep in. 

43 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I'm living vicariously through you guys till Wednesday. I'm in Baltimore for a free days, I checked out the Maryland DNR and apparently spring turkey season ended on may 23rd. Just my luck! Thought maybe I could sneak out in the mornings while the girls sleep in. 

Head out tomorrow morning and do some snooping around for next spring??