WNYBuckHunter

Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

Plan A was a bust, plan B was busted by a trespasser, plan C bed or another spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd do plan b if they're still making noise. Otherwise I'm already partaking in plan c myself. Tomorrow morning will be plan B

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rain for past 15 mins. All is quiet and nothing's moving ..."Should I stay or should I go now."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"Leave us the hell alone!" - Ted Nugent (2/4/13)

Proud member of the NRA

Proud of my Eagle Scout

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/jmasiakos/slideshow/Furry%20and%20Feathered%20Friends

Thought I would try something I've never done before. I've always wanted to take one with the bow! Somehow set up my blind within ~125 of what sounded like 3 different gobblers. I could see one on the roost. I thought I was in the money! For whatever reason, they flew down in the opposite direction and wandered off. They must have gobbled 500x, from 5:30-7:30! It sounded like they went in different directions. Never heard any hens calling. I'm sure the one could see my decoys from his roost.82adacb98101dd96e34179495c7172d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 8

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

3 minutes ago, Deerthug said:

Rain for past 15 mins. All is quiet and nothing's moving ..."Should I stay or should I go now."

Birds might hit field to fluff and dry. Stay and enjoy the morning. 

• Like 2

Feathered protien isnt cooperating so pick veggies! Never tried wild leeks, they smell good though, and they are everywere in the front of my woods.

20190504_081311.jpg

• Like 6

Just had a Jake come in silent at 50 yards.  No shot.  Was in my little shot hole but too far.  Changed fields.  Gonna make one more move then call it. 

IMG_20190504_074141136.jpg

• Like 2

Calling it. Gobblers I had roosted flew down and headed over the ridge opposite my direction on private. Heard one shot in distance.

Slow walk back to the house to see if I can locate a roaming tom and then off to the stadium. Paxton sounds like he will hit DL today. Joy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rain is done... hearing distant gobbles. Come on let's see them now.

"Leave us the hell alone!" - Ted Nugent (2/4/13)

Proud member of the NRA

Proud of my Eagle Scout

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/jmasiakos/slideshow/Furry%20and%20Feathered%20Friends

Had two hens and two jakes in the field. Closest they got was 75yrds.  I was impressed, my grandnephew didn't fall asleep this time. 

• Like 1

Current situation...
F83BC953-C366-408B-8F57-3A79223F965A.thumb.jpeg.5045b44f3e70eeb9cd563d2127e72ac7.jpeg
91C76D42-F99D-4291-BB0F-F7DE4D7CC99A.thumb.jpeg.6034f31be91ca7168c771839099bf3ea.jpeg

WTF is in the WNY water that makes all young ladies sleep like babies when hunting! Sensei Sam taught her well it seems!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

WTF is in the WNY water that makes all young ladies sleep like babies when hunting! Sensei Sam taught her well it seems!

Love it. I’ll quote that pic with same scenario tomorrow!

• Like 3

I'm calling it a day, have to take kids to youth day at the local hunt and fish club. Gotta start em young. These turkey's don't fight fair, good luck to all those staying in till 12.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 generations in the blind today. Saw a couple hens. Couple deer. No Tom's. No gobbles. We had fun!0d561327aa2a992528694d6f171fded6.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 20

We called it a day. No birds seen. At the local diner having eggs Benedict and bacon. We will be back after them tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Bumped a Jake on the way out.  A big Tom in the field across the Rd that I don't have permission for, but maybe next time he will be on this side. 

But.....best of all my Buddy Ed dropped one.  He tags one or two every year.  He's a stone cold turkey killer and is retired and relentless!  

839.jpeg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 14

And the Tom's are flopping. .... My ex BIL that was hunting across the road dropped one!

Saw his truck out there but he was still hunting when I left. 

848.jpeg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 11

Nothing for us.  Really thick fog dont know if that kept them quite.  Kiddo was cold by 8 so we headed out and got some food.  Stopped at parents to see if they heard gobbling in stateland next to them(same one we were in but 1/2 mile away from where we were hunting)  brother said they were going nuts from 530-7. So im going to try there in am before my daughters hunting course.

• Like 1

Nice going guys

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

Called in a hen this morning. That was it. Left early promised myself I’d try some trout fishing this year. Congrats and good luck everyone.

• Like 3

Sorry for the late post, today is the first chance I get on a computer. 

I called this 1 in on Wednesday morning, took a good friend for his first turkey hunt. 8.5" beard, 7/8" Spurs. He was alone, came in strutting and gobbling. Almost too easy.

The next morning I called in a gobbler with 3 hens, got him to check out my decoys, 35 yds I knocked him down only to watch him get up and run off! I think my shot was low and because I was shooting up hill and he was over a slight crown, I think I shot through the tall grass? This scope/ no scope  decision is going to drive me nuts! Yesterday heard 1 gobble at first light and nothing until around 10 am. Only gave me courtesy gobbles. Great 3 days even though the weather man called for rain, most if the rain came over night or after noon near Little Valley. Taking today off to recharge, going out tomorrow in 9f.

IMG_20190501_071017230.jpg

• Like 13

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Congrats to all the turkey slayers.....please remember to report via the DECALS system.

• Like 1

This morning, I walked in at 4.20am. I walked out at my 3rd area around 11.15am.  I managed to sit in the Pre-Dawn-- for 30 minutes on a ridge. I had a Tom 80 yards out Gobbling . Another was 100 yards to my East. Still another was a 1/4 mile away. Raspy Boss Hen flew out 30 yards behind me to the North. I hit some Clucks on my Yelper. The Tom Flew out and landed 60- 65 yards away. Too far for a Shot. I use Longbeard XR. Not comfortable with such a Long shot though. He walked to the Boss Hen. 2nd area was a 1 1/2 mile hike. No Gobbling here. And the 3rd area- also on public land was just 40 minutes. 0 for 10 days now.. Watch  Matt Dale's Video, I uploaded yesterday in the Turkey Forum--- What's Going On Right Now Out There? Matt is having a hard time like me in getting the Trigger pulled. Walked around 7 miles today. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

This morning, I walked in at 4.20am. I walked out at my 3rd area around 11.15am.  I managed to sit in the Pre-Dawn-- for 30 minutes on a ridge. I had a Tom 80 yards out Gobbling . Another was 100 yards to my East. Still another was a 1/4 mile away. Raspy Boss Hen flew out 30 yards behind me to the North. I hit some Clucks on my Yelper. The Tom Flew out and landed 60- 65 yards away. Too far for a Shot. I use Longbeard XR. Not comfortable with such a Long shot though. He walked to the Boss Hen. 2nd area was a 1 1/2 mile hike. No Gobbling here. And the 3rd area- also on public land was just 40 minutes. 0 for 10 days now.. Watch  Matt Dale's Video, I uploaded yesterday in the Turkey Forum--- What's Going On Right Now Out There? Matt is having a hard time like me in getting the Trigger pulled. Walked around 7 miles today. 

Getting closer , at least you had some action. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1