WNYBuckHunter

Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

It's a ghost town here not sure what happened between last Saturday and today. Not a single courtesy gobble. Last week was 4 or 5 different gobblers. I just don't get it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No gobbles here. Nice morning though. Got my nephew out with me. Trying to get him his first bird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Heard one gobble a ways off at 530, 545 i hear boom...:sorry:
That's a kick in the nuts

Last Saturday, I heard ~500 gobbles. One flock of 6 jakes were really hammering! Today, not a single gobble! Beautiful morning too. The bastids...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

Thats prob the issue gents.its not raining and shitty like usual!keep at em n good luck.taken a walk in a few hrs to check trail cam while its nice out

• Like 1

A few really distant gobbles between 5:45 - 6:00, nothing since. Really starting to think I should have blasted that Jake that I passed on 5/2

• Like 1

Nothing for me. 

• Sad 1

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

Reset in a different part this time in a clearing in the woods. Hopefully the move was smart

Long week at work and slept through the 430 alarm. Out by seven and hearing nothing but beats work. Here till 10 or so when my boys are done with NYSMMA solos, then out to mother's day chores. Good luck all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Still got a hen talking but just got busted by two jakes. Came in silent. Not a single gobble.

Long week at work and slept through the 430 alarm. Out by seven and hearing nothing but beats work. Here till 10 or so when my boys are done with NYSMMA solos, then out to mother's day chores. Good luck all.

Well, I got my neighbors rooster riled up. Does that count for anything?

• Like 1

Got my Jake to my left and two feeding hens in front along with a relaxed hen around 1o clock. Gonna give it a few more hours then home to finally take a dump and Maybe a brief napdf50720fa2270d8145bbdbb705bcae0a.jpg

• Like 4

Today I get in early and setup where he's been heading after fly down, he lands on the power lines and goes into the woods on the other side. Strutting and gobbling for an hour. At 7 he walks away gobbling. I tried to get around and ahead of him but never heard him again. I did have three wood ducks jumping from tree to tree over me that was pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Today I get in early and setup where he's been heading after fly down, he lands on the power lines and goes into the woods on the other side. Strutting and gobbling for an hour. At 7 he walks away gobbling. I tried to get around and ahead of him but never heard him again. I did have three wood ducks jumping from tree to tree over me that was pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Haven't heard a single peep over here. Hopefully mid morning improves as the internet claims it does

• Like 3

Never heard a thing until 6:30, then heard 3 gobblers in 3 different directions within 150 yards. They responded to my calls, and gobbled several times, but none showed up. Haven't heard a peep since 7:15...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

Cool hunt, but no bird. Set up on the inside corner of a field, two hen dekes out. Had a bird gobbling on the roost behind me about 5:10. About 5:20 he’s down and coming closer behind me gobbling over and over.  Then he’s off to my left and inside the woods about 50 yds. I can see movement, but no clean look at the bird. He continues to move away inside the woods toward the cut corn field 300 yds away. Heard him gobbling up there til almost 6:00.

Then 50 yds behind me I hear a couple of clucks and a boomer gobble that startled me. They moved in the same direction as the first bird, but stepped out in the field about 120 yds away. 4 hens, and then the tom. Gave a couple of clucks and the hens all looked over. The tom gobbles twice and I can see his swinging beard. Big bird. They all moved away along my field edge to the corn field. Couldn’t get either tom interested. Saw them on the horizon 500 yds away in the corn stubble on my way out at 7:30.

I must have heard 50-60 gobbles between those two, but not a gobble after 6:10. Had things to do today, so it was a short sit, but I’ll be inside the woods 50 yds off that field tomorrow morning.

Oh yeah, heard what sounded like a freaking roar from 100 or so yds in the woods when I was setting my dekes. Never heard that before, and I imagine it was a bobcat. Made the hair on my neck stand up! Short sit, but a cool sit this morning.

D6F8085E-1C62-488C-9B33-1C0AB0FC005F.jpeg

• Like 10

Just had a big light brown spider crawling on my arm inside my fleece. Needless to say I may not have to take that dump anymore. Hopefully that means turkeys will come soon. Hopefully this wind isn't going to skunk me out today

• Like 1

Today I learned that the hundreds of acres of turkey woods that I had to myself, I no longer have to myself

• Sad 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

In my vocabulary, passing up means you had  the chance to take  a good shot and chose not to, for whatever reason...
What Bill did, was  chose not to take a marginal shot, which is to his credit...

Don’t disagree one bit.

• Like 2

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Just tagged out. I was just getting ready to leave when 2 gobblers snuck in. I shot the first one who gave me the best shot. 

• Like 16