WNYBuckHunter

Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

The future Mrs. should have scheduled the event for 11 AM...Dang . What's a "Crate and Barrel"? Sounds rustic......Just enjoy the day. 
Well she's still suffering from food poisoning from the lunch her office had catered on Wednesday so looks like we are ditching the crate and barrel event. Bad news is she feels ratty and is puking her guts out. Good news is I get to stay hunting turkeys past 8 am!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

By far my least aggressive season ever. Been out 4x only. Off yesterday and today and didn’t go. Last year hunted probably 25 days of 31. BUT pretty sure “treebird” is one I’ve played with 2x so far. Same roosting area as last year. Played a great game last year with me showing him my whole hand until this happened. Few days later I killed his buddy (typical 2 year old ) and ole Tom was about 15 yards behind him. I smashed the sure thing as didht want to botch waiting for him to close the gap any farther. His head is ginormous and tallest fan I’ve seen. Well tomorrow daughter has ballet at noon and I work at 2. We’re going into his bedroom real early and hopefully she sends a load of tss his way doing something I haven’t been able to do. There’s a few other birds I could be playing with but this grudge of last year I will be handing over in the morning for Samanatha to get a chance. 44d7556fbb82002fd97751f826d5b238.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking ol' Treebird's days are numbered! And Samantha will be the one to put the X on the calendar!!! She will put an end to this grudge.  Best of luck to ya's.

• Like 2

very cool story man and congrats. I'm jealous you got him that close without getting busted. I think my old vest had a pouch on the back, but I never got to bloddy it. My new vest has a very sturdy pouch in the back that buttons up tight and out of the way but I was so grateful for it when I shot my 24lb bird and had a mile walk out. It reminded me of carrying my younger boys in those hiking packs haha. Anyhow, I think it could double for a decoy or 2 if needed as well. When I got back I just sprayed it out and hung it upside down to dry.
https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Mens-Tactical-Tatr-Turkey-Vest/730722.uts

I’ve thought about a vest for a few years, but for now I think I Im going to have my friends kids make a tote out of paracord. They love making things so I’m sure they wouldn’t mind helping me out lol

• Like 1

We are almost ready for the am hunt. Going to go shoot kiddos new gun today just got it setup hoping the turkey loads i have shoot well through it or she will have to use my single shot.

Hatfield 20gauge single shot,limbsaver butt pad,champion easyhit shotgun sight,uncle mikes quick detachable super swivels with an allen sling. Fits her like a glove. Total cost $145. Post pics after we get done shooting.

20190517_160434.jpg

20190517_160411.jpg

• Like 3

Bite to eat and a beer or two, and then early lights out to be bright eyed in the morning. I need to turn this target into the real thing. 35 yds, jellyhead choke and crappy old 3 inch Remington Nitro #5’s.

Got a windshield swap in the driveway anytime between 7:30 and noon tomorrow so I’ll need to make my time count!

0F4EBA98-C0B7-4356-BA1E-3B6A6123A0AE.jpeg

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Bite to eat and a beer or two, and then early lights out to be bright eyed in the morning. I need to turn this target into the real thing. 35 yds, jellyhead choke and crappy old 3 inch Remington Nitro #5’s.

Got a windshield swap in the driveway anytime between 7:30 and noon tomorrow so I’ll need to make my time count!

Nothing crappy about that pattern, Jerry...Good luck in the morning.

I heard my first gobble this morning at 4:50 AM and the bird flew down at 5:20...You should have time to get it done...<<grin>>….

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Plenty of time.   But if Tommy's playing tuff, but still heading in the right direction, the hell with the windshield. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mowin said:

Plenty of time.   But if Tommy's playing tuff, but still heading in the right direction, the hell with the windshield. 

Hunting a few hundred yards behind the house and can get back quickly. Multitasking!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Hunting a few hundred yards behind the house and can get back quickly. Multitasking!

Ha ha my inspection was due may 1st. I'm still "riding dirty" been too busy with work and when I'm off trying to hunt. 

• Like 2

We are almost ready for the am hunt. Going to go shoot kiddos new gun today just got it setup hoping the turkey loads i have shoot well through it or she will have to use my single shot.
Hatfield 20gauge single shot,limbsaver butt pad,champion easyhit shotgun sight,uncle mikes quick detachable super swivels with an allen sling. Fits her like a glove. Total cost $145. Post pics after we get done shooting.
20190517_160434.thumb.jpg.85b8c5cddbe4bcd7f1000560feff8884.jpg
20190517_160411.thumb.jpg.becc73c76ad58f859050712ac2c37f24.jpg
Does that model Hatfield 20 ga. Have a screw in or fixed choke?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got one gobbling within 150 yards, fingers crossed.
Same. This bastard refuses to move despite gobbling every 3 seconds

• Like 1

Closed the gap brought a deek with me. Still gobbling like crazy. Hope he shows soon!

• Like 2

Really ?! Some azz hat hitting owl tube off aways. And won’t let off it.

• Like 1

Really ?! Some azz hat hitting owl tube off aways. And won’t let off it.

Could be an owl

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure someone shot on my land out behind my house...... 3 shoots at 5:50 this morning. Probably the same jerk that poached one off me last year. These guys are lucky I have too much work to do to try to chase them down.