Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Last night Haley and I came Down to the farm and adjusted the position of our blind. I have Been driving by each morning and noticed the birds were always in the middle of the field, out of range of our blind, so we found a bare spot out in the middle and put the blind there. We just got to the blind and are ready to go. We are going to try for a double if multiple toms come out, but I’ll be happy if just she gets one. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 6

Gobblers roosted last night are still on the roost on neighbors property banging away. Setup in a hollow across from them trying to sound sexy enough to get them to cross the road. Here till about 9 then headed to Yankees game. Good luck to all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Super foggy here. Have multiple toms gobbling in the distance. Nobody wants to swing by. Maybe too foggy? Had two deer at 15 yards have a standoff with my decoys for a good 5-10 mins. That was exciting. Now I just need a thunder chicken who's willing to sacrifice their headb0bb6e55a42cafd8a52533cef5f11127.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Heard a shot a few mins ago over on the other side of the swamp. I’ve been hearing birds back in the woods for a while now, no gobbling though. They have been out in this field the last couple of mornings right around 7:30 so if they show up on time, it shouldn’t be too much longer. 

• Like 3

Saw about 8 deer cross the field ahead of me at 200 yds. 2 are staring at me for 10 mins. Finally took off. Rain ending now. Hearing yelps across the other prop. Let's see some bobbing heads now....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Living through all of you Thursday-today.   Haven’t been out since opening day bird. Daughter and I will be out there tomorrow. Sure seems like more birds than usual getting tipped over early season.  Have a feeling more shot in the beak by sounds of your action this morning. Enjoy my friends and good luck. Keep that cheek weld , no peeking ! 

Someone just shot. Now silence. Must have been the owner of the property or one of the kids. Well looks like gonna be a goose egg for me. A bit disheartening but I'm just glad someone was able to call one in. Must have been reacting to their calls not my likely crappy calling

Just got home. Talked to the owner when I was headed to my car. He had some of his workers doing landscaping. Wasn't him who shot and he didn't seem to know who did. Must have been a neighbor. On a neighboring property or I just heard something fall and thought it was a shot. Hopefully tomorrow morning produces better for me. In the meantime time to crawl back into bed for a couple more hours. Good luck to all still out there

Plan A was a bust, plan B was busted by a trespasser, plan C bed or another spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd do plan b if they're still making noise. Otherwise I'm already partaking in plan c myself. Tomorrow morning will be plan B

Thought I would try something I've never done before. I've always wanted to take one with the bow! Somehow set up my blind within ~125 of what sounded like 3 different gobblers. I could see one on the roost. I thought I was in the money! For whatever reason, they flew down in the opposite direction and wandered off. They must have gobbled 500x, from 5:30-7:30! It sounded like they went in different directions. Never heard any hens calling. I'm sure the one could see my decoys from his roost.82adacb98101dd96e34179495c7172d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 8