Anyone have Polaris sportsman 570?

I've been looking at quads for the past month or two.  Decent used are going for 2/3's the cost of new and there 5+ yrs old. 15+ yr old are still $2500 up for something that looks clean, but ya never know.  

Though about C.F. moto, but just can't make that leap.  

So, today I went and looked at the sportsman 450 and 570, base models. For the $600 jump, I'm leaning toward the 570. 

Those that have one, how do you like it. Any issues?  

The newer sportys are not made with the quality that the older ones were. Hence the reason a new 570 is the price it is and why older 600/700/800's are still half the price of a new one. 570 has been around for awhile. When I was shopping sxs that motor was questionable for being loud and a newer model motor. It was only a few hp less than the 800 though. I ended up with an 800..... I know a few guys with late model sportsman's with the 570. No issues. They love the machines. Good luck with the new toy !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I have the Polaris 570, it is a nice machine, very comfortable to drive. I bought it from a friend that was moving from NYS to GA (surprise) and got a great deal on it.  I think it had maybe 200 miles on it.  Other than a battery replaced once, it has been very dependable and goes everywhere I have taken it.  Including in 12” or more of snow.   I don’t know much about the different engines etc.  I don’t really care for the hard plastic front and backs, I’d rather have the old style tubular, easier to lash things down.

I have a 19 year old Arctic Cat 600 and it runs great too.  I out a sprayer tank on the back and use it for spraying fields and food plots and killing weeds around the fence lines. 

• Like 1

Idk how different they are, but the 570 in a sxs is worthless. Unless your on nothing but flat ground. Id never spend the money for a 570 in these newer machines. Im not a polaris fan after owning several over the years. In your case I hope the sportsman 570 is far better combo than the 570 Ranger

7 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Idk how different they are, but the 570 in a sxs is worthless. Unless your on nothing but flat ground. Id never spend the money for a 570 in these newer machines. Im not a polaris fan after owning several over the years. In your case I hope the sportsman 570 is far better combo than the 570 Ranger

570 ranger is a dog compared to the quad. my wife's cousins are big into mudding. one of the cousins had a crazy lifted modified cam-am. one of their friends had a new stock 570 sportsmen i forget what they said but something about the design makes them pretty good for stock. story was told the one cousin sold his cam-am because on an outing he got stuck with it and the friend with the 570 had no issues at all.  older polaris atv's weren't really the most dependable but they hold their own now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

570 ranger is a dog compared to the quad. my wife's cousins are big into mudding. one of the cousins had a crazy lifted modified cam-am. one of their friends had a new stock 570 sportsmen i forget what they said but something about the design makes them pretty good for stock. story was told the one cousin sold his cam-am because on an outing he got stuck with it and the friend with the 570 had no issues at all.  older polaris atv's weren't really the most dependable but they hold their own now.

I've got a 2003 500HO sportsman. I't been bullet proof. Aside from a couple belts and batteries, I haven't done a thing to it. 

20 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I've got a 2003 500HO sportsman. I't been bullet proof. Aside from a couple belts and batteries, I haven't done a thing to it. 

just prior the other main brands were significantly different with manual transmission and less cool designs like belt drive cvt. hondas and yamahas could take abuse a lot more it seemed and polaris atvs were always breaking weird parts.

• Like 1

The sportsman models around the 2000 era were good machines but thats all I can vouge for.. the other machines were junk, especially years prior. As for today any money I put towards an atv, it is strictly on Honda, maybe a yamaha or 3rd best suzuki. They are well built work horses. Ive run Honda and Yamaha since I was a kid.. MY 98 Foreman 450 has just over 9k miles on it.. All ive ever done is change the carb, volt regulator, an ignition (my fault), batteries and tires, and the occasional oil change.. The thing is an animal! I looked at new foremans at arkport cycles recently and was REALLY REALLY let down to see they all had IRS .. I dont want an IRS in a work machine.. Maybe and hopefully they still make new models with solid straight rear axles. If not ill just buy used machines.. 

It's like cars, it's all about comfort  even in an ATV. 

As said, my 570 has done everything I asked of it, drags logs, large logs, cleans trails, drag deer ,helps me get to further out on back line quicker and takes my girls around the yard for a fun ride.  I guess it all depends on what one needs .

Good luck with the new quad .

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

I looked at new foremans at arkport cycles recently and was REALLY REALLY let down to see they all had IRS .. I dont want an IRS in a work machine.. Maybe and hopefully they still make new models with solid straight rear axles. If not ill just buy used machines.. 

They sell suspension locks for the IRS models. I made one for my sportsman and the 500 Traxter Bombardier. The traxter is solid read axle but still digs deeper when I am pulling things like the grader I made and the york rake. SO we locl the rear suspension so the hitch stays at a constant height. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

They sell suspension locks for the IRS models. I made one for my sportsman and the 500 Traxter Bombardier. The traxter is solid read axle but still digs deeper when I am pulling things like the grader I made and the york rake. SO we locl the rear suspension so the hitch stays at a constant height. 

I just dont think theyre built as strong, I could be wrong with todays technology. Just seems a solid rear axle lasts much longer, less maintenance and is stronger. Again I could be wrong. My axles are bone stock, bearings and all, and im at 9k miles on them.. 

Worse case i can handle a suspension lock if need be, I dont skid giant timber like I used to since we no longer are burning wood. But even then, if these axles are going to be Independent id spend a tad more and get the rincon with a bigger engine.

Picked up the 570 the other day. For what I need, it will do just fine. Only wood I burn is in my 250gal smoker, so smaller maple, hickory will be easy. Anything larger and I'll hop on the JD tractor. Don't plan on trail riding much. Just a around the yard, hunting machine. 

The last wheeler I had was a 97 Polaris 425 magnum, so this is a definite upgrade. I have to have a full auto as my left ankle is fused, so there's no way I could comfortably shift. 

Only have 2 miles on it, lol. But I'm sure it will serve me well.  

IMG_20190320_153338854_HDR.jpg

Well, not sure why I've got a sideways pick.  Lol

Edited by mowin
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...