First attempt at paper tuning

Swamp_bucks

So this is my first attempt at paper tuning.  Set up a little rig in my garage after watching some videos.  Bow was off more then i thought.  Have some pics just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Sorry about sideway pictures, holes seem even but my bare shaft in 3rd picture (shots taken at 10 yrds)is still just a little angled not as bad as picture showed though so not sure what to do next to fix it. Could it be form?

20190317_111650.jpg

20190317_111654.jpg

20190317_111931.jpg

Was the paper set up at 10 yards? I seem to remember setting it up at a much closer distance. 8-10 feet maybe? The tears seem a little inconsistent. Your form will affect the tear. I would use only one arrow that you know is perfectly straight. Take multiple shots with a single arrow until get a consistent tear. 

4 hours ago, NonTypical said:

Was the paper set up at 10 yards? I seem to remember setting it up at a much closer distance. 8-10 feet maybe? The tears seem a little inconsistent. Your form will affect the tear. I would use only one arrow that you know is perfectly straight. Take multiple shots with a single arrow until get a consistent tear. 

I was 6ft from paper and just stepped back to see the difference.  I shot decent at 20-30 yrds but its still not perfect seems to fly better but not great.  

3 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I was 6ft from paper and just stepped back to see the difference.  I shot decent at 20-30 yrds but its still not perfect seems to fly better but not great.  

Were you using the same fletched arrow every time? There has to be a reason for different tears. Shots 5 & 6 look good. Maybe it’s your form causing the inconsistencies. 

I like paper tuning because it shows form flaws also. I assume this is with your 300 spine arrows ? If it is I highly recommend trying a 400 spine arrow as I suggested in your other thread. My sons bow is similar in specs to your bear and I had him shooting 340’s  at first and he was not getting good arrow flight switched to 400’s and a big improvement. 

19 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

Ok. So there were adjustments made in between shots. I usually take 2-3 shots before an adjustment is made. It looks like you are getting it dialed in. 

Yea i was adjusting every shot.  I will try doing adjustments after 2 or 3 shots. 

27 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I like paper tuning because it shows form flaws also. I assume this is with your 300 spine arrows ? If it is I highly recommend trying a 400 spine arrow as I suggested in your other thread. My sons bow is similar in specs to your bear and I had him shooting 340’s  at first and he was not getting good arrow flight switched to 400’s and a big improvement. 

Yea they were the 300s.  Just picked up some beamen  hunter 400 and beaman speed 340. 3 each just so i can see difference.  I did shoot the 400s at 20 and 30 yrds they seemed to fly pretty good.

• Like 1