Nice day for a walk to clear the head

Gencountyzeek

Lost my grandfather this week. He was a huge part of my life and will be greatly missed. I grew up camping and hunting birds and chipmunks in his woods. Fished in his pond for as long as i can remember. He was always smiling and had a great smart ass remark for anyone. My son grew very close to him also and it hit him pretty hard too. So we went for a long walk in our woods today to just talk and enjoy the woods. He was toting his ithaca single shot .22, and i had my ruger mkIII .22. We had games of who could hit the tiny tree. His growing up to be a great shot, im still better but he can definitely hold his own.

20190317_102542.jpg

20190317_114742.jpg

20190316_133123.jpg

• Like 10

My sincere condolences, to you and your family, on the passing of your grandfather. Prayers sent.

What a perfect way for you and your son to clear your heads, and honor a great man's memory. Those memories will be with you both for the rest of your lives. No doubt he was right there with you, smiling that smile of his.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this, and for your loss.  My dad, and I went through this on the morning of the 2nd day of regular season. Obviously not an easy thing, but what you are doing is the best thing to do in my opinion, spend time with one another.  Life is too short, and you blink, and 10 yrs has passed.  Condolences to you, and the family.

• Like 1

My condolences to you and your family.  My Grandfather started me off with the fishing bug, he was the only one in my family that did any outdoors sports.  Lots of great memories and lessons learned from him.  Ihope you remember all the great times you shared together. 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1