Poached Eggs

Lawdwaz

Ahhh I know it's not too glamorous of a topic but I was just so taken with the shear beauty of the finished product I had to snap a pic.  Heck, if Stormy posted this you guys & gals would be going on for 5-6 pages. :)

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Grandmother left me a really cool old egg poacher that was basically three little cups for the eggs sitting over a shallow pan of boiling water. (think antique; my Grandmother died in 1974). The eggs were perfect every time whether I wanted them soft  boiled or hard boiled. Very simple.

I can't imagine the scumbags who broke into my house and robbed me 17 years ago cared about an old egg poacher, so there's a chance I still have it somewhere. After moving 10 times in 10 years, I've lost a lot of cool stuff though.

Those eggs look great Larry! That's how I like them as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And my Grandmother ( they lived behind us ) made soft boiled eggs for me . Had these little stand / holders for them, broke off the top of the shell with your spoon , then dipped sliced toasted and buttered bread in them to eat the yolk ,then spooned out the rest .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

And my Grandmother ( they lived behind us ) made soft boiled eggs for me . Had these little stand / holders for them, broke off the top of the shell with your spoon , then dipped sliced toasted and buttered bread in them to eat the yolk ,then spooned out the rest .

Maybe I can sneak one of those in before we eat the corn beast & cabbage tonight. :)

1 minute ago, Doewhacker said:

I collected 22 eggs from our hens today, I better get to poaching!

You have 22 eggs, at this point I'd be hard boiling them ASAP........lunch tomorrow whould be egg salad, green olives and Miracle Whip.  OMG I'm outa control... :)

Can you hard boil farm fresh eggs?!? I heard not possible.

My favorite is sunny up, well done bottoms, cooked right in the bacon pan after that’s fried up and placed over hash.

Can’t beat a hard boiled egg for a breakfast on the run though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

You have 22 eggs, at this point I'd be hard boiling them ASAP........lunch tomorrow whould be egg salad, green olives and Miracle Whip.  OMG I'm outa control... :)

If we were neighbors I’d want to be up wind, but you’d have all the eggs you could eat.