Buckmaster7600

My new turkey whacker

A limb saver recoil pad was added to daughters youth 870 20. Doesn’t but add maybe 2” but worth the shock absorbtion 

That’s the same thing I did for my youth 870, slip on pad and it fits me like a glove. If the new one works out I’ll feel bad leaving that 870 at home but the mossberg is a about 2lbs lighter 3.5”’s shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This video is far from scientific but backs up what I have found in my testing as well. I just wish I didn’t live in a communist state and could own a shotgun with a 14” barrel.

• Like 1

I run one with 8s in TSS, but i forgot you get pretty close to your birds and dont have a need for that stuff. But they are a fun little gun to tote, they do kick pretty good still being so light and a recoil pad that aint worth much.. but real fun to tote!

• Like 2

Finally got all the pieces put together on my new toy and today was range day. e53ded8a156c04b24f6a2ab36644a252.jpgMy goal for this gun was to be a compromise gun not set up just for the short game like all my others because this year I have 2 guys that I’m trying to get on their first bird so I wanted a gun set up to be able call one in with. Im very happy with it. Under 6lb’s and 45yd capable for a 20ga. ff7a607ba39fdd412a52f40ca2d0fcf4.jpga5903a996cb146928ac584f1afa295f8.jpg

• Like 5

Interesting video showing velocity vs barrel length.  Not much difference.

Every shell I shot yesterday was over a crono and every shot was within 38fps of advertised velocity.

Shotgun barrel lengths vary for balance and swing not “accuracy” or velocity.

• Like 1

Nice setup sir! Like that stock! I shot my somewhat custom youth maverick 20g the other day. easily a 50-60 yrd gun. 

20190424_200106.jpg

• Like 3

Nice setup sir! Like that stock! I shot my somewhat custom youth maverick 20g the other day. easily a 50-60 yrd gun. 
20190424_200106.thumb.jpg.d2c21946ead50e719e7b335ca2c49cd7.jpg

I’m not yet sold on the stock, it’s heavier than it needs to be and I don’t like the long reach to the safety. I have a full length standard stock on the way so we will see. Originally my plan was to put a slip on butt pad on the factory youth stock but with 2 recoil pads it gave it a very awkward spongy feel when shouldered.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m not yet sold on the stock, it’s heavier than it needs to be and I don’t like the long reach to the safety. I have a full length standard stock on the way so we will see. Originally my plan was to put a slip on butt pad on the factory youth stock but with 2 recoil pads it gave it a very awkward spongy feel when shouldered.

Didnt even think of that, Yea that is a reach, and a bit to get used to, especially in the heat of the moment. ItsNot like having the ease of a safety on a triggger guard, where your hand already is lol.  My 535 is a thumbhole, i just hit the safe with my pointer finger, it is a bit of a reach though.

If you chose to sell the tactical stock, let me know

Im the exact opposite, I plan to hunt with a new 870 youth i put together this year. Im used to the mossberg safety, not the trigger guard safetys.. 

Snapchat-1804392538.jpg

• Like 1