Pick your sickness

Five Seasons

My family and I are a pretty healthy bunch. Given that we have 3 boys 6 and under we're a good germ factory, but compared to most families I know we do good. Good for a few colds and bug or 2 a year and that's it. We all get our flu shots and I don't think I've had the REAL flu in like 20 years. 

Anyhow 2 friday's ago my oldest gets a fever and he's down for the day, then the younger 2 and they're down for a day. Monday night it hits me and the following night the wife. Man, let me tell you. I wasn't on my ass (thanks to the shot I believe) but man did it wipe me out. I could function and did work from home a little, but had the shakes, chills, aches and mucous in the lungs. Went to work thursday and friday after feeling better and then WHAM friday night it knocks me down again and I'm the couch all saturday. 

So it got the wife and I talking. Would you rather have the stomach bug where you're dead to the world and puking your brains out for 24 hours or feel like crap for a week (no puking, no thinking you're going to die)?

Edited by Belo

No idea which i prefer...none most likely. Neither sounds particularly exciting to me.

I had to "work from home" two days a few weeks back due to the flu. First time in ages and I get the flu shot, too. Ran a 102.7 fever for quite some time. It went around our workplace like the a zombie virus.

Thankfully I am hoping we're clear of it.

24 hour puke Fest much better I got great luck had both this year .

But the flu really kicks the crap out of you  I didn't feel healthy again for 2 weeks .   The really bad symptoms went away in less then a  week but I still felt very weak just tired no energy   for a week after .   :(

27 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

24 hour puke Fest much better I got great luck had both this year .

But the flu really kicks the crap out of you  I didn't feel healthy again for 2 weeks .   The really bad symptoms went away in less then a  week but I still felt very weak just tired no energy   for a week after .   :(

yeah man that's where I'm at even today. I want to get back in the grove and back to the gym but already at noon today I know that's not happening. At least the weather is sh!t...

21 minutes ago, Belo said:

yeah man that's where I'm at even today. I want to get back in the grove and back to the gym but already at noon today I know that's not happening. At least the weather is sh!t...

I don't know if this would help you out but my mom who  is in her late 70s got the flu had no energy weeks after and went back to the doctor and got a  b 12 shot .

She said she felt back to normal soon after .

Not sure if it would work in your case though you probably have to ask your doctor about that. I didn't bother .