Multi shot assault crossbow

Hunter007

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

a trained hunter could cock another bolt just as fast he could chamber another round in a bolt action rifle. 

Probably,  and this is only generation 1 of that product. 

More then likely they will come out with faster ways to  cock that thing later on  with more power and accuracy then this version. This is only the beginning. 

Edited by Storm914

We seem to be always suffering from short-sightedness. We look at this thing and begin straining our brain trying to find fault instead of seeing where it is all heading.

I was brought into archery just before the advent of mainstream acceptance of compounds. Back then I looked at the stupid-looking Allen compound and wondered what all those old-timers were complaining about. "This thing will never get off the ground", I said. I did the same thing that people are doing today with the crossbows. I was seeing what it is and not what it will be. Now we are getting hints of what the crossbow is capable of evolving into. Don't be so short-sighted, and try to understand more of where engineers and technology  and the quest for profit are really trying to take a season that was created for handicapping the hunter and adding challenge into the sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

think about the second shot opportunities you'd get with a gun and why they wouldn't be with a bow. a gun has more range and much less of an opening for a clear trajectory path if you're say in the woods compared to a crossbow. under a very limited number of circumstances will that second chance be within clear crossbow range.

idk man I've outright missed on some deer to have them only jump a few yards startled. I know it's rare, but the quietness of a bow has some advantages over the loud report of a firearm too. 

1 minute ago, Belo said:

idk man I've outright missed on some deer to have them only jump a few yards startled. I know it's rare, but the quietness of a bow has some advantages over the loud report of a firearm too. 

you're right and as i said it can happen. hell i've shot at a deer with a 30-06 within bow range and got a the tree between us. deer froze for a second. much more often than not though they run a little farther away just out of range and stand there assessing what's happened.  sound is a moot point. crossbows are loud. compounds not so much. my Bear recurve stealthly quiet. even more so my custom recurve is like silent death. it's possible this tech gets developed and it has more KE when it's sending an arrow. maybe even changes to accept an actual broadhead. contrary to maybe what Doc was eluding to, i'm not ignorant to that. as an engineer i think it's totally feasible. still i'm in the group that thinks crossbows, while not like vertical bows, are still archery implements that belong in archery season.  it's the subjective question of 'is this different enough?'  i'd compare it to single shot rifles versus repeaters. one has a clear advantage and people choose repeaters. that said someone who goes afield with a single shot rifle isn't exactly capped at the knees. that first shot is still no different and more often than not that's all it took when a deer dies.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

It’s so confusioning  on what kills what, vampires,werewolves ,zombies . Silver bullets, wooden stakes I can never keep it straight ,throw in big foot I’m about ready to give up .

Vampires wooden stakes holy water and garlic, werewolves silver bullets,  zombies head shots!

20 hours ago, Doc said:

Not to say "I told you so", but I remember writing here a couple of years ago how the crossbow has offered up to engineers a whole new platform to extend the technology advances into another whole realm of gun-like advantages to shove into bow season. No, it was not some proclamation of brilliance. Just a little unbiased thinking could see how this is going to go. It is yet another uncontrolled round of technological inventions that will make the compound look as primitive as the longbow.

The genie is out of the bottle.

Its not a new platform lol, been around for ceturies. This multi shot thing isnt new either, the Chineese invented almost the exact same thing in the 4th century BC. You guys are too funny.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Doc said:

I will note that I have seen a few occasions where a deer I shot with a 12 ga. went down an a few others just stood there looking around wondering what the hell just happened. Certainly enough time to use the repeating feature.

Enough time to get another arrow ready with a vertical bow too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Its not a new platform lol, been around for ceturies. This multi shot thing isnt new either, the Chineese invented almost the exact same thing in the 4th century BC. You guys are too funny.

Yep old Chinese  idea but now with better optics and stronger lighter materials , what do you think  nybuckhunter  should it be banned from archery season Or not ?

38 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Yep old Chinese  idea but now with better optics and stronger lighter materials , what do you think  nybuckhunter  should it be banned from archery season Or not ?

I wouldnt bother with one. Im not the type to try and tell others what they can or cant use. I could honestly care less what the next guy chooses to hunt with as long as its legal.

The optics though, all that has on it is a lighted reticle with little to no magnification. Pretty much the same as a fiber optic vertical bow sight.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Doc did his best to point out what the real issue is, and it's not the unit in the video. It's the progression of tech. In a short period of time we went from these bulky clunky crossbows to these slimed down tack drivers like the raven. What has and was supposed to be a "traditional" season now has these new battery powered autococking weapons that are really pushing the boundary of what was meant to be a season reserved for those wanting an extra challenge and a different type of woods. The video just sheds a light on whats to come.

56 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Enough time to get another arrow ready with a vertical bow too.

eh not really, not to mention the movement associated with nocking another. Ask almost any bow hunter how they know haha.

We should all have to hunt naked from the ground with bows and arrows we made from materials we sourced ourselves.

Everyone of us seeks an advantage, from camo, scentblocker clothers, tree stands, food plots, land management  cameras ,Hell some hang ozone machines from their tree, a new compound every few years to squeeze out a few more FPS  . 

Hunter Bill, “ I just bought $500 in scentblocker clothes and an ozone machine to hang in my tree , to beat the deers nose.”

Hunter Bob. “ that’s great “

Hunter Bill, “ I just bought a crossbow, so the deer won’t see me draw back.”

Hunter Bob, “ cheater !!! “

Belo I killed a ten pt many years back with a second arrow from my old Golden Eagle bow . He was right under me in a hedgerow, first arrow over his  back , he ran a few yards and stood there. Second arrow killed him. Rare perhaps, but he’s dead .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I wouldnt bother with one. Im not the type to try and tell others what they can or cant use. I could honestly care less what the next guy chooses to hunt with as long as its legal.

The optics though, all that has on it is a lighted reticle with little to no magnification. Pretty much the same as a fiber optic vertical bow sight.

I feel the same way unless someone can show some data that it does something bad like cause guys to wound deer with out killing them because of them being able to take a  fast second shot but You have to allow it first to prove that anyway . I wouldn't change regulations  until there is data to support any negative claim about that thing .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

We should all have to hunt naked from the ground with bows and arrows we made from materials we sourced ourselves.

Everyone of us seeks an advantage, from camo, scentblocker clothers, tree stands, food plots, land management  cameras ,Hell some hang ozone machines from their tree, a new compound every few years to squeeze out a few more FPS  . 

Hunter Bill, “ I just bought $500 in scentblocker clothes and an ozone machine to hang in my tree , to beat the deers nose.”

Hunter Bob. “ that’s great “

Hunter Bill, “ I just bought a crossbow, so the deer won’t see me draw back.”

Hunter Bob, “ cheater !!! “

Hunter Bill is a sucker for believing that sh!t works.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I feel the same way unless someone can show some data that it does something bad like cause guys to wound deer with out killing them because of them being able to take a  fast second shot but You have to allow it first to prove that anyway . I wouldn't change regulations  until there is data to support any negative claim about that thing .

A poor shot is the only thing that causes a person to wound a deer. Not how fast a weapon can be reloaded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

it's quick though, and soon enough it'll be battery powered. again, that's the point. Not the prototype, but the possibilities. 

You cant base things on whats possible. Anything is possible. If someone wanted to, they could create an auto drawing rapid fire vertical bow too, but would that be legal to hunt with?

BTW, I bet I could have another arrow in my vertical bow and be ready to shoot almost as fast as that crossbow. Its just a matter of having an arrow handy.

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You cant base things on whats possible. Anything is possible. If someone wanted to, they could create an auto drawing rapid fire vertical bow too, but would that be legal to hunt with?

BTW, I bet I could have another arrow in my vertical bow and be ready to shoot almost as fast as that crossbow. Its just a matter of having an arrow handy.

it is about what's possible, but it seems we wont agree on that. You're also forgeting the time it would take you to draw and aim your compound vs just pulling the trigger on the xbow.

and you're right, with a good first shot that's all one should need. should. lol.

8 minutes ago, Belo said:

it is about what's possible, but it seems we wont agree on that. You're also forgeting the time it would take you to draw and aim your compound vs just pulling the trigger on the xbow.

and you're right, with a good first shot that's all one should need. should. lol.

It's all theory and speculation. 

Until DEC can collect data of people using these things .

So the logical thing to do is just wait let them be used and then if there is problem regulate it if necessary. 

This is what they should have done first with the crazy  limits on draw weight and limb width restrictions.  Which especially on recurve crossbows make  know sense . 

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It is a brand new platform in the bow season and as we can see there are people beginning to exploit it. It offers a whole new round of extended inventions and technology to be thrown into bow season. You ain't seen nothing yet. This has the potential to extend the pollution of bow season way beyond anything that the vertical bows were capable of going. We can try to deny it all we can, but there are some people working very hard to expand the technology of the crossbow way beyond the short-sightedness of most people. They are simply picking up where the compound left off.

31 minutes ago, Belo said:

it's quick though, and soon enough it'll be battery powered. again, that's the point. Not the prototype, but the possibilities. 

My guess would be that gas cylinders will be implanted into the cocking systems, opening the way for the automatic feeding system that we saw the prototype of a while back.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

My guess would be that gas cylinders will be implanted into the cocking systems, opening the way for the automatic feeding system that we saw the prototype of a while back.

I agree it will become like the airBow.I can and see where these would be a hit with horse farms.To myself just another tool.