Multi shot assault crossbow

Hunter007

14 hours ago, Cory said:

Or if you run into a flock of vampires!

It’s so confusioning  on what kills what, vampires,werewolves ,zombies . Silver bullets, wooden stakes I can never keep it straight ,throw in big foot I’m about ready to give up .

• Haha 1

you show me someone who needs and thinks they can get off multiple crossbow shots at a deer and i'll show you someone who needs a tracking dog and only some hopes n dreams of someday tagging a deer. doesn't change anything. i admit i haven't watched the video but that doesn't look like the hardest hitting setup either. more novelty than hunting implement.

• Like 3

Not to say "I told you so", but I remember writing here a couple of years ago how the crossbow has offered up to engineers a whole new platform to extend the technology advances into another whole realm of gun-like advantages to shove into bow season. No, it was not some proclamation of brilliance. Just a little unbiased thinking could see how this is going to go. It is yet another uncontrolled round of technological inventions that will make the compound look as primitive as the longbow.

The genie is out of the bottle.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

you show me someone who needs and thinks they can get off multiple crossbow shots at a deer and i'll show you someone who needs a tracking dog and only some hopes n dreams of someday tagging a deer. doesn't change anything. i admit i haven't watched the video but that doesn't look like the hardest hitting setup either. more novelty than hunting implement.

He Shot it in ballistic gel with 3 layers of cloth to simulate skin shirt and overcoat it went through all of it . Definitely another power to kill a deer .

I agree there is no way you would get 2 shots off on a deer  even with that thing , after the first shot  deer will be gone .  Maybe by pure luck u hit it on the run like hitting the lottery especially in the woods . I think the idea is to use it as a defensive weapon for someone who can't get a gun .Not as a hunting weapon . 

But I'm sure some hunters will want to use it that way for sure .

Edited by Storm914

26 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Yes, we can pooh-pooh his idea, but the penetration test was quite convincing, and the off-hand shooting was fairly impressive, and also bare in mind that this is version 1. And the accessory light and laser seems to lend itself to a form of silent jack-lighting for those people that are so inclined.

31 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

He Shot it in ballistic gel with 3 layers of cloth to simulate skin shirt and overcoat it went through all of it . Definitely another power to kill a deer .

I agree there is know way you would get 2 shots off on a deer  even with that thing , after the first shot  deer will be gone .  Maybe by pure luck u hit it on the run like hitting the lottery especially in the woods . I think the idea is to use it as a defensive weapon for someone who can't get a gun .Not as a hunting weapon . 

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I agree there is no way you would get 2 shots off on a deer  even with that thing , after the first shot  deer will be gone .  Maybe by pure luck u hit it on the run like hitting the lottery especially in the woods . I think the idea is to use it as a defensive weapon for someone who can't get a gun .Not as a hunting weapon . 

But I'm sure some hunters will want to use it that way for sure .

I will note that I have seen a few occasions where a deer I shot with a 12 ga. went down an a few others just stood there looking around wondering what the hell just happened. Certainly enough time to use the repeating feature.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I agree there is know way you would get 2 shots off on a deer  even with that thing , after the first shot  deer will be gone .  Maybe by pure luck u hit it on the run like hitting the lottery especially in the woods . I think the idea is to use it as a defensive weapon for someone who can't get a gun .Not as a hunting weapon . 

i could possibly see the likely use as a defensive weapon versus big game hunting. that said there's a lot of semi-auto air rifles and pistols that do some serious damage too. cool idea but limited market for it i'd think.

1 minute ago, dbHunterNY said:

i could possibly see the likely use as a defensive weapon versus big game hunting. that said there's a lot of semi-auto air rifles and pistols that do some serious damage too. cool idea but limited market for it i'd think.

Not outside usa where firearms are highly restricted and expensive to get .

That is why it's a European company that decided to use his idea overthere in EU Asia huge market for that thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbHunterNY said:

Now I think it is time for you to actually look at the video.....lol. So far, semi-auto air rifles and pistols are not a part of archery season. As far as I can see there is nothing illegal about this model of crossbow that makes it illegal for bow season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I will note that I have seen a few occasions where a deer I shot with a 12 ga. went down an a few others just stood there looking around wondering what the hell just happened. Certainly enough time to use the repeating feature.

Yes this is true it can happen. 

41 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

how is it any different from getting multiple gun shots at a deer? 

This guy is not taking credit for the marketing of this crossbow, but he is the same guy that had a crude but working wooden prototype for a fully automatic crossbow. Things have just begun for crossbow technology and design.

I said it long ago, and I'll say it again. The crossbow is simply another platform for a whole new series of technological advances that will put a whole new face on archery just as the compound did. It's just the next logical step.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Now I think it is time for you to actually look at the video.....lol. So far, semi-auto air rifles and pistols are not a part of archery season. As far as I can see there is nothing illegal about this model of crossbow that makes it illegal for bow season.

i just did. the intent of my comment was more headed in a direction of non-hunting use. storm had a good point that it might be a good alternative for someone who can have or use a gun.  i don't think this will take off for a hunting application though. just maybe for small game but not for big game. the bolt size and fps is lethal but not near the terminal performance you're getting from what's on the market now. also you can't use broadheads and small game blunt heads of any size. my air gun comment was in relation to home protection that's not a traditional gun. i don't see anything illegal about it either for hunting, even for NY regs, i never said it was though. irrelevant anyways, because i wouldn't hunt with it compared to what's out there now.

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

how is it any different from getting multiple gun shots at a deer? 

think about the second shot opportunities you'd get with a gun and why they wouldn't be with a bow. a gun has more range and much less of an opening for a clear trajectory path if you're say in the woods compared to a crossbow. under a very limited number of circumstances will that second chance be within clear crossbow range.

• Like 1