Multi shot assault crossbow

Hunter007

32 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You cant base things on whats possible. Anything is possible. If someone wanted to, they could create an auto drawing rapid fire vertical bow too, but would that be legal to hunt with?

BTW, I bet I could have another arrow in my vertical bow and be ready to shoot almost as fast as that crossbow. Its just a matter of having an arrow handy.

If I were to invent an auto loading vertical bow, I have to say that the vertical bow is probably not the handiest thing to work with and that probably is the reason that no one has tried. But this is the same guy that was demonstrating a full auto prototype crossbow. And now from another source comes this repeating crossbow.

Too often, we talk ourselves into NOT looking into the future possibilities. That seems to be a very popular way to look at things, even those that are one at a time being placed right in front of us. I worry about those that cannot or will not see the possibilities. But we can rest assured that there are plenty of guys like the author of this video and whoever designed and apparently are getting ready to market this contraption, who are smart enough to see the money potentials and smart enough to make it all happen. One thing I will guarantee, once these new venture into crossbow design start filling the market, there is no power on earth that will legally pry them out of their hands.

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

It is a brand new platform in the bow season and as we can see there are people beginning to exploit it. It offers a whole new round of extended inventions and technology to be thrown into bow season. You ain't seen nothing yet. This has the potential to extend the pollution of bow season way beyond anything that the vertical bows were capable of going. We can try to deny it all we can, but there are some people working very hard to expand the technology of the crossbow way beyond the short-sightedness of most people. They are simply picking up where the compound left off.

They will simply add regulations to allow or disallow certain features, like they do with every other weapon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

It is hard enough to cock the string in a crossbow, I can only imagine the problems that would be involved in a "self-cocking" crossbow. Also wonder how accurate these would be?

This guy seemed to be doing ok in the accuracy department. View the video

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

They will simply add regulations to allow or disallow certain features, like they do with every other weapon.

That simple...eh? You can say that after the extended battle to include crossbows into the bow season?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

That simple...eh? You can say that after the extended battle to include crossbows into the bow season?

Yes, that simple. The inclusion issue is completely different than amending regulations that already exist. They have to reclassify what a crossbow is according to the law before it can be added to archery season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Thats already a thing. Parker has one.

Well, there you go......lol. There really is no end to any of it is there. I saw all the innovations to the compound bow, and they all just kept rolling through with only minimal conversation or legal limitations. There was no stopping any of it, and there will be no halting of technology here with the crossbows either. I'm just trying to look at these things with an eye of realism.

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yes, that simple. The inclusion issue is completely different than amending regulations that already exist. They have to reclassify what a crossbow is according to the law before it can be added to archery season.

Well, I hope you are right, but I have seen absolutely no evidence of that kind of thing. Those of us who lived through the improvements of compounds have never seen any tech advancement halted by what you are talking about. You are viewing the subject like these kinds of decisions are yours alone. You have opinions and nothing else. But tech advances are going to go the way they have always gone. The only limitations that I have ever seen were legislated against because of the opposition to the crossbow. Those were inventions involving pre-drawing on bows. However, with the only organization that had adequate political clout to regulate such things being successfully neutralized, don't be looking for these tech limitations from them. So as I said before, "The genie is out of the bottle". And you can imagine whatever rules and regulations you want to, but there is no history to show that the brakes can any longer be put on any of this. You don't have an effective NYB to moderate equipment changes any more. The few limits that are currently on the books are a result of that crippled organization. And I wouldn't be looking for the crossbow organization to be against expansion of crossbow technology. So just who is it that is going to push these tech limitations. Yes even you may eventually get to a point where you are screaming, "enough is enough". But you will soon understand that there never is "enough". If you think that it is as simple as you declaring that there ought to be a law limiting what goes into bow season, you need to become a bit of a historian on how that stuff actually works.

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well, there you go......lol. There really is no end to any of it is there. I saw all the innovations to the compound bow, and they all just kept rolling through with only minimal conversation or legal limitations. There was no stopping any of it, and there will be no halting of technology here with the crossbows either. I'm just trying to look at these things with an eye of realism.

There is still part of the archery season only open to traditional and compound bow anyway so I don't see a big deal maybe later down the line things may need to be regulated more but it's to early to tell really. 

9 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

There is still part of the archery season only open to traditional and compound bow anyway so I don't see a big deal maybe later down the line things may need to be regulated more but it's to early to tell really. 

I honestly don't think that even dyed-in-the-wool bowhunters can really establish a line that cannot be crossed anymore. The equipment used in bow season is measured against one standard now. That is, "Is there anything that will make killing a deer easier and with less effort"? If there is, lets stuff it into bow season. It's been that way for decades and is only getting worse. When the time comes that some of these wild contraptions become established, there will be nobody that can turn back the clock. The original principles that caused a small group of hunters to take up the bow as a super hunting challenge in their own season are long gone. It disappeared with the acceptance of the compound. It still keeps evolving into just another way to get a deer before the orange army takes its turn. Equipment be damned. That's not even a consideration anymore.

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Thats already a thing. Parker has one.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

the autococker has been around for a while. My point is that you marry the self loading and autococker and you have a brand new weapon. Shouldn't be hard for any of us to imagine that it will happen.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

I honestly don't think that even dyed-in-the-wool bowhunters can really establish a line that cannot be crossed anymore. The equipment used in bow season is measured against one standard now. That is, "Is there anything that will make killing a deer easier and with less effort"? If there is, lets stuff it into bow season. It's been that way for decades and is only getting worse. When the time comes that some of these wild contraptions become established, there will be nobody that can turn back the clock. The original principles that caused a small group of hunters to take up the bow as a super hunting challenge in their own season are long gone. It disappeared with the acceptance of the compound. It still keeps evolving into just another way to get a deer before the orange army takes its turn. Equipment be damned. That's not even a consideration anymore.

Well there you go , it's all politics, in the end more guys want to just hunt what ever is the best stuff they can afford. Then just want a challenge and be limited by regulations. 

But hasn't hunting always been this way?

Even when there was no compound bows .

Hunters  who could afford it would always go out and buy the best recurve they  could  afford best camo and any gizmo that was said to help them get that big buck .

Only thing that stops  progress is regulation and regulation is a lot of the times dictated by poll numbers  what   things  are going to please the most hunters or help sell  more licenses.  Or what ever objective government agencies are trying to achieve.  

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, dbHunterNY said:

it did so well for them too... Parker will soon be leading the industry.... oh. wait. nevermind. they gone.

Marketing and business management is a science all its own with no guarantees. a product that one company fails at, will become the premier invention of another. I think we all understand that.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:38 AM, Belo said:

the autococker has been around for a while. My point is that you marry the self loading and autococker and you have a brand new weapon. Shouldn't be hard for any of us to imagine that it will happen.

Whether someone builds it or not isnt the important question though. The real question is will NY allow it in any season. Given NY's history with the crossbow, I would say it wouldnt be legal to hunt with. I mean, you cant use anything less than 17" wide or with a draw weight of more than 200 lbs. Those two things eliminate a large chunk of the newer crossbows that are coming out.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, Doc said:

Well, I hope you are right, but I have seen absolutely no evidence of that kind of thing. Those of us who lived through the improvements of compounds have never seen any tech advancement halted by what you are talking about. You are viewing the subject like these kinds of decisions are yours alone. You have opinions and nothing else. But tech advances are going to go the way they have always gone. The only limitations that I have ever seen were legislated against because of the opposition to the crossbow. Those were inventions involving pre-drawing on bows. However, with the only organization that had adequate political clout to regulate such things being successfully neutralized, don't be looking for these tech limitations from them. So as I said before, "The genie is out of the bottle". And you can imagine whatever rules and regulations you want to, but there is no history to show that the brakes can any longer be put on any of this. You don't have an effective NYB to moderate equipment changes any more. The few limits that are currently on the books are a result of that crippled organization. And I wouldn't be looking for the crossbow organization to be against expansion of crossbow technology. So just who is it that is going to push these tech limitations. Yes even you may eventually get to a point where you are screaming, "enough is enough". But you will soon understand that there never is "enough". If you think that it is as simple as you declaring that there ought to be a law limiting what goes into bow season, you need to become a bit of a historian on how that stuff actually works.

lol, of course Im talking about this like its my lone decision. Its my opinion. When did I ever suggest otherwise?

Nether NYB or NYCC should be dictating any rules for anything. They are both special interest groups. Im glad NYB was neutered, they had the ear of too many politicians, and they carried along with them a ton of misinformation and elitist views.

38 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Whether someone builds it or not isnt the important question though. The real question is will NY allow it in any season. Given NY's history with the crossbow, I would say it wouldnt be legal to hunt with. I mean, you cant use anything less than 17" wide or with a draw weight of more than 200 lbs. Those two things eliminate a large chunk of the newer crossbows that are coming out.

you're right, but the NYCC that everyone leg humps on this board is pushing for no restrictions. So pick your poison...

19 minutes ago, Belo said:

you're right, but the NYCC that everyone leg humps on this board is pushing for no restrictions. So pick your poison...

Personally I think the width and weight restrictions are dumb. Im not one to tell others what they can and cant use, but honestly I think the multi shot thing is too far, and automatic cocking should be reserved for those with disabilities. Thats just my opinion.

17 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

lol, of course Im talking about this like its my lone decision. Its my opinion. When did I ever suggest otherwise?

Nether NYB or NYCC should be dictating any rules for anything. They are both special interest groups. Im glad NYB was neutered, they had the ear of too many politicians, and they carried along with them a ton of misinformation and elitist views.

And I guess you know what they say about opinions....lol. One thing that has always proven to be a universal truth is that opinions are great, but worthless as representation of anything without organization to convert those opinions into any defense of anything. If you are looking for individual opinions to protect anything about bow season....forget it. Yes they are a special interest group that were devoted to expanding archery hunting opportunities, extended seasons, and trying to preserve the identity of the season, and they did a damn fine job of that.

Well, I guess you and the animal rights groups both got your wish. Now NYS bowhunting has no effective voice of protection. A great victory for those that want to see  the sport plowed into the ground. So now bowhunters have no way to advance any bowhunting issues, or protect the bowhunting rights that so many have worked so hard to preserve. I guess that does make a lot of the crossbow enthusiasts happy. I know that PETA and a coalition of other animal rights wackos set out a goal to target bowhunting as a primary target of their efforts. Apparently they were not alone in their feelings about bowhunting. So now we have no organization to the sport and that seems to be ok with a lot of bowhunters. Kind of like those that own all kinds of guns but oppose the NRA.

So next time you have a brilliant opinion on some bowhunting issue, who are you going to go to? Maybe a thread on this forum? Or how about sending a lone letter to some representative, or an e-mail or letter to your local DEC headquarters? I would suggest that you save your opinion because by yourself it won't be going anywhere......or any other advancements or benefits that we have all grown to take for granted because some organization that we never supported (and now celebrate their demise) worked diligently for on our behalf.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

And I guess you know what they say about opinions....lol. One thing that has always proven to be a universal truth is that opinions are great, but worthless as representation of anything without organization to convert those opinions into any defense of anything. If you are looking for individual opinions to protect anything about bow season....forget it. Yes they are a special interest group that were devoted to expanding archery hunting opportunities, extended seasons, and trying to preserve the identity of the season, and they did a damn fine job of that.

Well, I guess you and the animal rights groups both got your wish. Now NYS bowhunting has no effective voice of protection. A great victory for those that want to see  the sport plowed into the ground. So now bowhunters have no way to advance any bowhunting issues, or protect the bowhunting rights that so many have worked so hard to preserve. I guess that does make a lot of the crossbow enthusiasts happy. I know that PETA and a coalition of other animal rights wackos set out a goal to target bowhunting as a primary target of their efforts. Apparently they were not alone in their feelings about bowhunting. So now we have no organization to the sport and that seems to be ok with a lot of bowhunters. Kind of like those that own all kinds of guns but oppose the NRA.

So next time you have a brilliant opinion on some bowhunting issue, who are you going to go to? Maybe a thread on this forum? Or how about sending a lone letter to some representative, or an e-mail or letter to your local DEC headquarters? I would suggest that you save your opinion because by yourself it won't be going anywhere......or any other advancements or benefits that we have all grown to take for granted because some organization that we never supported (and now celebrate their demise) worked diligently for on our behalf.

So what? Your opinion is any more meaningful than mine? Is that what you are insinuating?

Dont sit there and try and tie me to any animal rights groups. Your beloved NYB stood shoulder to shoulder with those wakos, not me. Or have you convieniently forgotten about that?

sometimes you sure are ridiculous. 

21 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Personally I think the width and weight restrictions are dumb. Im not one to tell others what they can and cant use, but honestly I think the multi shot thing is too far, and automatic cocking should be reserved for those with disabilities. Thats just my opinion.

In the right hands a simple recurve can be fired  multiple times like a rifle check this guy out .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So what? Your opinion is any more meaningful than mine? Is that what you are insinuating?

Dont sit there and try and tie me to any animal rights groups. Your beloved NYB stood shoulder to shoulder with those wakos, not me. Or have you convieniently forgotten about that?

sometimes you sure are ridiculous. 

Ha-ha-ha.... is that considered a personal attack? Sure sounds like it, doesn't it, Mr. Moderator.

My point is that both you and the animal rights people seem to share the same goals of destroying organized archery. I mean it's not like you had any plans to replace the organization you are celebrating the destruction of. Your argument now has been clarified to apparently leave all hunting in a state of disarray and disorganization with no advocacy groups ("Special interest groups" as you call them). I am simply pointing out that that is exactly the stance that animal-rights activists have.

By the way, I have not said anything negative about anyone having opinions. I guess the point I was making went over your head. I am simply disputing your idea that your lone opinion has any effectiveness in terms of regulating the features of any future crossbow designs, or any other useful ideas. When crossbow features cross the line, who is going to be the one to stop it? ....... You and your opinion?? Your lone opinion simply carries no weight with the DEC or any legislators without a well organized political body behind it. How do you think that NYB was so successful at holding off the invasion of the crossbow. They had you stopped in your tracks until you all finally formed a "special interest group" of your own. Your kind of "lone wolf" dissention will never have any impact on the evolution of the crossbow or anything that involves hunting. There is not one thing that has been accomplished for hunting that did not have an organization behind it and that includes every bit of the evolution and popularity of bow season that we enjoy today. I know you have the notion that all you have to do is will the technological inventions to stop where you want them to and somehow they will magically cease simply because they run afoul of your opinions. But seriously, without some governing body, pushing for the definitions of what goes into bow season in an organized fashion, the bow season will continue to lose its identity and those that are well-enough organized will simply shoe-horn their way in, with or without your consent.