Happy Spring !

grampy

Well we made it! Spring officially begins tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to all the warmer weather activities.

I know it's spring when my famous mouse eating chipmunk friend Petey comes to visit,20181004_165005.thumb.jpg.6c98ea515daedbc54ef079b5a5b78afa.jpg and  looks for peanuts. 

20181004_164937.thumb.jpg.89c18176a19c6ac78c0a9d14cbe41a3b.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Well we made it! Spring officially begins tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to all the warmer weather activities.

I know it's spring when my famous mouse eating chipmunk friend Petey comes to visit,20181004_165005.thumb.jpg.6c98ea515daedbc54ef079b5a5b78afa.jpg and  looks for peanuts. 

20181004_164937.thumb.jpg.89c18176a19c6ac78c0a9d14cbe41a3b.jpg

So, how many yrs has Petey visited? 

7 minutes ago, mowin said:

So, how many yrs has Petey visited? 

This is the 2nd year. It was around this time last year, I saw him with a mouse in his mouth leaving the garage. A couple weeks later, I saw him along the fence line, next to the garage with another one in his mouth! I liked his hunter spirit, and started leaving peanuts out for him. By the end of summer, he'd take them from my hand occasionally. But he always comes in when he sees me or my wife out there. We must have given him fifteen pounds of peanuts, until he went to hibernate in his den by the pasture......lol

Good to see him back! 

I never knew that chipmunks would kill mice! After seeing it, I googled it and I saw other cases too. Not common, but it does happen. Will try to get video of him with a mouse this year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

This is the 2nd year. It was around this time last year, I saw him with a mouse in his mouth leaving the garage. A couple weeks later, I saw him along the fence line, next to the garage with another one in his mouth! I liked his hunter spirit, and started leaving peanuts out for him. By the end of summer, he'd take them from my hand occasionally. But he always comes in when he sees me or my wife out there. We must have given him fifteen pounds of peanuts, until he went to hibernate in his den by the pasture......lol

Good to see him back! 

I never knew that chipmunks would kill mice! After seeing it, I googled it and I saw other cases too. Not common, but it does happen. Will try to get video of him with a mouse this year.

Stop feeding him peanuts, and maybe he'll get more mice. :drinks:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1