Coffee

Dom

1 hour ago, loworange88 said:

I drink Dunkin.  I buy the original blend in bags, and brew at home.  I drink it black, but I will add creme/sugar on occasion.....Or irish cream in the evenings.

Ive tried Death Wish, and it has good flavor, a little pricey per pound, but Its a nice treat to buy once in a while..

Starbucks is just gross to me, bitter and expensive.

Love the death wish, pricey for as much as I drink. I also dislike Starbucks for the same reasons

I like my coffee how I like my women, hot,black and wet .

Working I drank gallons of it ,retired I’d drink at least 3 cups each morning . Then I got gerd and just stopped drinking coffee , cut back on spices, and booze . Sad I know . Today I’ll drink coffee a couple times a week maybe .

• Like 2

whys that ?

Because the few times I tried it always sucks. We have it free at work and I’ve had it at people’s houses. It never tastes fresh. In my experience, when I buy a bag of freshly roasted beans (within a few days) it tastes best those first 2-3 weeks and then that’s it. Those pod cups are junk coffee quality and super old/stale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

i don't drink coffee. i was paying for Dunkin Donuts brews almost every week day with the wife though.  to save money i picked some up from a fairly new local coffee shop in town not far from the farm. they roast and grind it fresh right there. younger guy that owns it thought other coffee just didn't cut it and could be a lot better. roasted in his garage and built up from there. bags ziploc seal to stay fresh.  still not a coffee drinker but it smells great and everyone who stops says it's really good. shop in town seems to do really well despite the remote location. wife likes the bold stuff (Sumatra) best but says it's all really good. buy 12 oz bags through the "Shop" link.

https://www.ironcoffeecompany.com/#home-section

What’s not to like about DD’s? 

I drink it black only.  Usually have Foldgers or Chock Full of Nuts at home. I have Cafe Bustelo at work.  Do not care for Starbucks hot coffee, so I will usually get it iced with cream and sugar.  

Of course, I love espresso, but that is usually only a 1x per week thing.

I have got a pot brewing on the stove now.Dunkin is the worst followed by Star bucks.I have drank and do drink a lot of coffee but none compare to making it at home.When I'm not drinking beer I may as well be hooked up to a coffee pot.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Otto said:

What’s not to like about DD’s? 

I drink it black only.  Usually have Foldgers or Chock Full of Nuts at home. I have Cafe Bustelo at work.  Do not care for Starbucks hot coffee, so I will usually get it iced with cream and sugar.  

Of course, I love espresso, but that is usually only a 1x per week thing.

You know what I dislike the most about DD? The styrofoam cup. I hate that for some reason

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You know what I dislike the most about DD? The styrofoam cup. I hate that for some reason

Here's me at Dunkin.  

Can I get a large coffee with some vanilla creamer? 

We don't have vanilla creamer but I can give you a coffee with a vanilla shot and cream.

What's a vanilla shot?  

Its vanilla flavoring that goes into the coffee.

Like creamer? 

No sir it's not creamer it's flavoring, and we can add cream. 

Does it have sugar? 

No you would also need to add sugar sir.

Well do have other flavored creamers? 

No sir we only have flavor shots and cream and sugar

Well wouldn't it be easier to have it all in one?....

(As the line gets longer...) 

See where I'm going here....can't stand Dunkin. Lol.  And yeah it's them and not me!  

What coffee place dont have flavored creamers......cmon. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 4

81w-DBSQ0VL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.a81e949dbfdba2dce543fcd9f290aedd.jpgI love Tim Hortons original blend coffee. When the Tim Hortons in my city unexpectedly closed a few years ago I was disappointed. But I found that Walmart sells their original blend coffee and I usually make a cup at a time in my Hamilton Beach single serve coffee maker. It's just as good as the Tim Hortons shop.            valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 3

We take coffee very seriously in the Goose household. Mornings get freshly ground coffee, usually Jamaican Blue Mountain. I buy it on Ebay. We brew it in a Technivorm Moccamaster, the best drip coffeemaker out there. link 

technivorm-moccamaster_1.jpg

Evenings we do Tim Horton's k-cups, and outside the house we do Tim Horton's if at all possible. I use half and half and a Splenda or stevia drops. Mrs. Goose just uses half and half.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

My parent used to get Chock full of Nuts freshly ground each week at the supermarket....no longer an option. 

Now here's one for the other thread about nostalgic things. Still remember going to the market, down the coffee isle, dumping the bag of beans into the big red grinder, selecting grind fineness and hoping no one put any .. foreign objects into the grinder before I used it. Wasn't it mainly Eight O'clock beans, at least when I shopped at local Acme supermarket???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

What coffee place dont have flavored creamers......cmon. 

A self-respecting one?

As someone who orders coffee from around the world, grinds only what I'm brewing at the moment, weighs my grounds, checks temp of water and times coffee immersion, this thread is making me cry black bitter tears.

That said, I'm not a complete coffee dweeb. I grew up two blocks from the first Tim Hortons and it is like mother's milk to me.

• Like 1