Coffee

Dom

26 minutes ago, left field said:

As someone who orders coffee from around the world, grinds only what I'm brewing at the moment, weighs my grounds, checks temp of water and times coffee immersion, this thread is making me cry black bitter tears.

OMFG, way too much OCD & time involved in making the 1st cup of coffee for me when I wake up. Need my caffeine injection fast! Do respect you for being a coffee connoisseur, so am assuming you drink it black!?! Mine takes only a dribble of 1/2 n 1/2 to hide any bitterness. Oh yeah, gotta be piping hot, not room temp stuff.

Edited by nyslowhand

I vacillate between geeking out with my thermometer and scales, and using my Nespresso machine. Due to their enormous buying power, Nespresso can source premier beans and deliver excellent coffee. I think it works out to about $70/pound so there is that, but the convenience plus damn-fine-coffee factor is hard to beat.

I'm sorry I put you through that. I should have just been thankful for what I got. B team was working that shift IIRC.

Lol for real? You’re a coffee snob like me? What happened???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Lol for real? You’re a coffee snob like me? What happened???

My futile efforts to get a cup of coffee the way I like it became a distraction.

Can only expect so much from that particular Tim Horton's. It's interesting on how you get to know which stores in WNY have good crews and which stores are skimpy with the creamer. Fortunately, the one closest to home is the best. I'd bet @turkeyfeathers could elaborate on that.

• Like 1

My futile efforts to get a cup of coffee the way I like it became a distraction.
Can only expect so much from that particular Tim Horton's. It's interesting on how you get to know which stores in WNY have good crews and which stores are skimpy with the creamer. Fortunately, the one closest to home is the best. I'd bet [mention=4567]turkeyfeathers[/mention] could elaborate on that.

Cream in coffee? Nevermind. I drink it black over a bed of ice

A self-respecting one?
As someone who orders coffee from around the world, grinds only what I'm brewing at the moment, weighs my grounds, checks temp of water and times coffee immersion, this thread is making me cry black bitter tears.
That said, I'm not a complete coffee dweeb. I grew up two blocks from the first Tim Hortons and it is like mother's milk to me.
Where was the first Tim Horton's? Canada?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Dude ... yes, Canada.

Tim Horton was a Canadian hockey player - one of the best actually - and after retirement he and an ex-cop named Ron Joyce started the coffee shop on Ottawa Street in Hamilton, ON - a steel town midway between Buffalo and Toronto. (Actually, it was the proximity to those two towns that kept Hamilton from having an NHL team.)

I grew up around the corner and we would hang out there for hours as kids.

After Horton died in a car crash in the '70s, Joyce bought out his widow for 1MM. Worst deal ever. My mother went to school with Joyce and I remember hanging at his very fancy house hoping my mother would hook up with him after my father died. Not to be.

Joyce later became great friends with Dave Thomas from Wendy's which is why TH and W are often paired together at food malls.

P. S. I just looked him up and he died about two moths ago. I'll have to let my mother know.

3 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Guess ill be the minority in this topic as always, but I still don't drink coffee. Id prefer not to be addicted to coffee so I never drink it. Mornings suck right as I wake up, but once I shower im all good. Love the smell of coffee in the morning as weird as that is though.

Aha! You're addicted to showers.

That would make a good new thread: If you had to give up coffee in the morning or showers in the morning, which would it be?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Not too picky - I like all coffee - even the lousy single packs you get in a hotel room.  Better than nothing.  I think the wife buys the wegmans Columbian.

I second this. I prefer double double but will even drink gas station coffee. Usually no more than 1 cup a day 

35 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Black coffee for me, switch to black iced coffee when the weather is decent. Also white pants and open toed shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But only after Memorial Day, right? I mean, you're not a savage after all.