My soon to be new to me truck.

rob-c

Found this truck in towanda p.a. so my wife and I drove down last night to check it out. It’s a 2014 (last year for the steel body that I prefer) 2 door standard cab with the 5.0 coyote engine  ( that I prefer over the turbo 6’s) , 3.73 gears , 4 by 4  , 6.5 ft box with the STX appearance  package. and 23,800 original miles :yahoo:. This thing hauls the mail, with the 5.0 and 3.73’s I got on it and had to let off as the rear tires broke loose  instantly . Come to find out a older gentleman ordered it this way new , so after giving it a thorough inspection it is a very very clean 5 yr old truck .The dealer is waiting on the title and we are squaring away the paper work so hopefully we can pick it up Saturday. All hinges on if they get the title Friday if not then we will be getting it Tuesday of next week. And the best part ,  I got it for a very good deal.. 

35EF19E5-D5E9-46A8-920D-FDE34B5EEC30.jpeg

86B0E8B5-3314-4282-AE5F-EB09CDE13239.jpeg

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 19

3 minutes ago, steve863 said:

The F150's typically start falling apart at 24,000 miles.  Just kidding.  Good luck with it.

My 07 f150 that I bought in 2010 with 30,000 miles on it now has 145,000 and is still going strong. And I have abused that truck on many occasions. 

1 minute ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Nice truck i have a 2009 f150 i love it.  Starting to rust now but it starts up and drives like it did 4 yrs ago when i got it.

Not much one can do about the rust living in ny. A lot of guys think the aluminum body will last forever,  but sadly when the salt works through the paint and collects on a crevice or somewhere under the body/ bed it will corrode holes in the aluminum. 

Good grab!

I’ve got a 13 F150 super cab with the 5.0 motor and even weighing in at 2 tons that thing still moves! I just clicked over 97,000 miles and it just left me stranded in a parking lot. $75 dollars (fuel pump modulator) and 20 min later I was back up and running.

I would have them check on a recent recall for a transmission fix. And if it’s required for your truck have them do it before leaving the dealership. The recall just came out March 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Good grab!

I’ve got a 13 F150 super cab with the 5.0 motor and even weighing in at 2 tons that thing still moves! I just clicked over 97,000 miles and it just left me stranded in a parking lot. $75 dollars (fuel pump modulator) and 20 min later I was back up and running.

I would have them check on a recent recall for a transmission fix. And if it’s required for your truck have them do it before leaving the dealership. The recall just came out March 4th

I ran the vin and no open recalls on it. My fuel pump modulator went on my 07 2 years ago only time it’s left me stranded or cel  been on.

• Like 1

Your not going to believe me but I got em down to 19,400 before tax, tags etc. 

Wow, thanks. I really like that truck. I just called and offered $21K. Sorry bud, but I was looking for same truck

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wow, thanks. I really like that truck. I just called and offered $21K. Sorry bud, but I was looking for same truck

To late paper work is done just waiting for PA to send the title back. I could send you a few photos if you’d like.. if your extra nice I might even sign them for ya.. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Had 2 F-150 ‘s I didn’t have a great experience with them. Good luck with yours 

Thanks , yeah all manufactures have their problems, just depends what one wants to deal with. I have been a auto tech for many yrs and I allways have work from all makes and brands. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 4