My soon to be new to me truck.

rob-c

Not much one can do about the rust living in ny. A lot of guys think the aluminum body will last forever,  but sadly when the salt works through the paint and collects on a crevice or somewhere under the body/ bed it will corrode holes in the aluminum. 
That's why you should just do away with any paint and just rino-linings or that other spray-on liner line-x the whole truck so no paint nor exposed surfaces. Then you never need to worry

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

clean looking truck. Sorry that you were infected with a brain parasite and chose a ford. I hope the docs can help you out.

You guys crack me up, well I could have bought a Chevy then I would be dealing with the high oil consumption of their 5.3 engines or the rising problems of their Active fuel management system or their never ending electrical problems. Am I bashing GM nope, as I stated earlier all and I mean All manufacturers have problems. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That's why you should just do away with any paint and just rino-linings or that other spray-on liner line-x the whole truck so no paint nor exposed surfaces. Then you never need to worry

I have seen guys rhino line  an entire vehicle . 

• Like 1

I have seen guys rhino line  an entire vehicle . 
Best thing is you never need to worry about washing it either. I always thought about doing that when I finally buy a truck. Get it brand new color won't matter then linex the whole thing and can do anything to it and will never hurt it though I'd imagine it may be pretty spendy to do so

29 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Best thing is you never need to worry about washing it either. I always thought about doing that when I finally buy a truck. Get it brand new color won't matter then linex the whole thing and can do anything to it and will never hurt it though I'd imagine it may be pretty spendy to do so

All those cotton fuzz from Poplar trees would be stuck to it 

52 minutes ago, rob-c said:

You guys crack me up, well I could have bought a Chevy then I would be dealing with the high oil consumption of their 5.3 engines or the rising problems of their Active fuel management system or their never ending electrical problems. Am I bashing GM nope, as I stated earlier all and I mean All manufacturers have problems. 

Pay no attention to Belo ,his idea of a truck is a ridgeline.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, rob-c said:

you speak like ford is without their issues :cheese:

I have no skin in this game since I don't own a truck nor am I planning to buy one, but I have known a few F150 owners who had nothing but problems with them.  My uncle especially.  I think the steering wheel is the only thing he hasn't had replaced on his truck to be quite honest.  He finally got rid of it recently and damned if he didn't buy another F150!   We have some slow learners in my family.   LOL

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Get em before they're gone , the other companies can talk all the smack they want but they all want an aluminium truck. 

I had read GM will be going with steel body’s but aluminum doors hoods etc. and using as much composites as they can. The government is really making the auto company’s work to meet the mpg restrictions 

1 minute ago, rob-c said:

I had read GM will be going with steel body’s but aluminum doors hoods etc. and using as much composites as they can. The government is really making the auto company’s work to meet the mpg restrictions 

They all would go aluminum if they could source the materials , jeep went as far as to build all their stamping dies to run aluminum before realizing they couldn't get the material and had to rework all the tooling to keep running steel.

• Like 1

My experience  rust that does the most damage is under the vehicle not body panels  . I’ve had a number of clean body older cars , had sub frame rust away on one, the area  that holds the springs in place rust to the point of risking them shooting through rear deck on another ,and just about everything under the daughters 02 Civic .

Bodies all rust free though. The Olds ( center pic ) has an aluminum hood, paint flaked off it pretty early , maybe they do better now I have know idea .

Sorry to drift a bit Rob 

Belo ,the Troopers don’t stop you often for no front plate ?

D275B69A-0657-4700-8E2C-E014420972CE.jpeg

EB0AC87C-8FA5-4BD3-BE70-F91D502C345D.jpeg

3274B3E9-B0CA-4F64-8957-B0CDD219615F.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

35 minutes ago, rob-c said:

this isn't a bad thing for us consumers

4 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Always gonna have haters, I've had fords, Chevys and dodge trucks and liked them all. I'm actually in a ford for my dd now. Looks sweet enjoy it!

i thought it was obvious, but because sometimes it's not on this place, I was just having fun. Nothing like a nice chevy vs ford friendly ribbing. 

except for m00g. I hear that guy has carpet on his bed and in no world is that ok. 

• Like 4