My soon to be new to me truck.

rob-c

33 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I have a frontier - my second one - and ive had great luck with them.  

My oldest son is looking at getting a frontier, what I have researched on them they look to be a nice truck. They have a higher cargo / tow rating  than I expected and are not outrageously priced. Anything you don’t care/like  about it ?  

Edited by rob-c

39 minutes ago, rob-c said:

My oldest son is looking at getting a frontier, what I have researched on them they look to be a nice truck. They have a higher cargo / tow rating  than I expected and are not outrageously priced. Anything you don’t care/like  about it ?  

I have a 2015 frontier I bought about a month ago. I don't like the wide turning radius. I also found out when towing my sxs it towed worse than my 2005 explorer did, not bad on acceleration but takes longer distance for braking.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

only thing i have noticed is when in 4 wheel and turning sharp and slow, it does buck cause it is such a short wheel base , other than that not really.  Put 175K and 13 years on my first one and this one is a 2012 with 114,000 and still runs great.  I like them cause they still have the ext cab and I can get a 6 ft box.  Tows the boat nice, def recommend them.  Gets 18 MPG most all the time.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

I have a 2015 frontier I bought about a month ago. I don't like the wide turning radius. I also found out when towing my sxs it towed worse than my 2005 explorer did, not bad on acceleration but takes longer distance for braking.

What’s your guess on the weight of your trailer and Sxs? 

28 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

only thing i have noticed is when in 4 wheel and turning sharp and slow, it does buck cause it is such a short wheel base , other than that not really.  Put 175K and 13 years on my first one and this one is a 2012 with 114,000 and still runs great.  I like them cause they still have the ext cab and I can get a 6 ft box.  Tows the boat nice, def recommend them.  Gets 18 MPG most all the time.  

What’s your weight on your boat/trailer ? 

21 minutes ago, rob-c said:

What’s your weight on your boat/trailer ? 

dont really know but its a 17ft bassboat with a 40 hp .  I had a toyota tundra 4 cylinder in between Nissans and traded it in cause it was a dog.  No power at all even with it being standard shift.  I would def get the 6 cylinder.  This is the boat I tow.....  

The SeaArk!.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not surprised one bit the Honda is rated # 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s not a truck. It’s a uni body odyssey mini van with the back cut off. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 3

I too have a 06 Frontier, with 178K on it and still going strong. Tows my fiberglass pro style bass boat no problem. We just purchased another vehicle (chevy equinox) so my Frontier will now only be used for hunting and fishing. Need to do some body work on the rust spots this spring. But overall I have done nothing but maint. work, and no major repairs on it. It doesn't owe me a dime. It's been a great little truck for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

That’s not a truck. It’s a uni body odyssey mini van with the back cut off. 

You can call it what you want but she carried 3/4 of a ton of feed home this week along with 25 square bales of hay a couple of days later and been doing it all winter long in style and comfort.:yes:

I have owned and used them all over the years and this Ridgeline just may be the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Pay no attention to Belo ,his idea of a truck is a ridgeline.

i had a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. it was actually pretty nice with creature comforts. sadly i sold it and never got to see it grow up into a real Honda Accord.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, airedale said:

You can call it what you want but she carried 3/4 of a ton of feed home this week along with 25 square bales of hay a couple of days later and been doing it all winter long in style and comfort.:yes:

I have owned and used them all over the years and this Ridgeline just may be the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Al

I actually read some reviews done it, and yeah the testers were pretty impressed with its capabilities.   

13 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Since we're on the subject, Finally bought my wife and kids a new "to us" ride as well..... 

Snapchat-1887380121.jpg

I hope it treats you well Bryan.  When we traded in my wife's at 155k it was still going strong and my mechanic assured me it had another 150k left.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

dont really know but its a 17ft bassboat with a 40 hp .  I had a toyota tundra 4 cylinder in between Nissans and traded it in cause it was a dog.  No power at all even with it being standard shift.  I would def get the 6 cylinder.  This is the boat I tow.....  

a 4 cylinder tundra? Do you mean tacoma? 

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

I hope it treats you well Bryan.  When we traded in my wife's at 155k it was still going strong and my mechanic assured me it had another 150k left.

Thanks Brian, I been researching these things like crazy for a year now. Sound like solid machines. My buddy is a head mechanic and swears by GM and their engines. We will find out. Its the first gm full size ive ever bought lol 

2 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Thanks Brian, I been researching these things like crazy for a year now. Sound like solid machines. My buddy is a head mechanic and swears by GM and their engines. We will find out. Its the first gm full size ive ever bought lol 

The only stuff that seemed to go were the various sensors which are usually cheap to replace.  But mechanically very sound.  All vehicles have sensors go in time and the newer vehicles have way more than they did earlier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

a 4 cylinder tundra? Do you mean tacoma? 

had to go look at trucks pics - guess it couldve been.  Only had it one year.  It was def a 4 cyl.  Biggest load ever.  You would be afraid to pass anyone cause it had zero power.  Had to go up hills and downshift and downshift again just to get up it.  I was towing my little 12 ft rowboat back then and it struggled.  

I traded in the nissan cause of the cash for clunkers deal.  Got like $3500 for my truck that def wasnt worth it by then and thought a new toyota would be nice.  But just amazing the lack of power and then the wife just struggled driving stick so traded it back to get another Frontier.  Liked that the truck was bigger but what a dog.  The cash for clunkers deal you had to get something that had 22+ gas mileage or something like that.     

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Translation - honda spent the most on advertising with car and driver ,those comparisons mean very little anymore. 

Oh who knew. They must have grabbed enough Market share though to force Ford back into making the Ranger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk