My soon to be new to me truck.

rob-c

4 minutes ago, rob-c said:

When you get one give us some feed back on it. 

Will do! It might be a year, or two.  I have a 2017 Escape 2.0 ecoboost that I love, so I am not sure when I will trade it...the 2.3 ecoboost has been around, and I guess real good from I am seeing, so it should be great!

22 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Will do! It might be a year, or two.  I have a 2017 Escape 2.0 ecoboost that I love, so I am not sure when I will trade it...the 2.3 ecoboost has been around, and I guess real good from I am seeing, so it should be great!

My youngest just bought a low mile 2015  escape  se with the 1.6 eco over the summer. He’s 6-6 and sat in a bunch of vehicles to see what fit him the best. There’s a bunch of room in that escape. When we test drove it I was impressed with that little motor. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rob-c said:

My youngest just bought a low mile 2015  escape  se with the 1.6 eco over the summer. He’s 6-6 and sat in a bunch of vehicles to see what fit him the best. There’s a bunch of room in that escape. When we test drove it I was impressed with that little motor. 

You know, i am surprised at how much I love mine, I thought for sure I would get bored FAST.  The 2L is a snappy motor, it’s comfortable, and I average 26mpg.  4x4, and all, how can I go wrong.  Good luck to him, they are not as small a vehicle as people seem to think either.  A very good versatile vehicle.  I tow my ATV to Maine, etc with it, not a lot of weight, but I still get over 20mpg, so it’s a very good vehicle for me

3F89ABA9-96A1-4459-B604-654CB5573C82.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bionic said:

You know, i am surprised at how much I love mine, I thought for sure I would get bored FAST.  The 2L is a snappy motor, it’s comfortable, and I average 26mpg.  4x4, and all, how can I go wrong.  Good luck to him, they are not as small a vehicle as people seem to think either.  A very good versatile vehicle.  I tow my ATV to Maine, etc with it, not a lot of weight, but I still get over 20mpg, so it’s a very good vehicle for me

3F89ABA9-96A1-4459-B604-654CB5573C82.jpeg

I like the white with black rims. He likes his a lot, every one of his friends that have been it they like it also. No call from the dealer today so unles they call tomorrow morning , then I am waiting till Tuesday to pick up mine.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I like the white with black rims. He likes his a lot, every one of his friends that have been it they like it also. No call from the dealer today so unles they call tomorrow morning , then I am waiting till Tuesday to pick up mine.. 

Sounds great, congrats again. A coworker has a 13 5.0 supercrew with 88k, he loves it.  He is actually starting to think about trading on a newer one with the twin turbo 10 speed.  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2019 at 4:12 PM, dbHunterNY said:

i bought my ridgeline used and because it was cheap and low mileage. i basically did what you said used it for what it was. a handful of times on the farm it got a work out though. hardest i ever worked it was an atv in the back while towing a hay wagon full of haybales (about 9,000 lbs) for a normally 12 minute drive down the road.  most use their trucks like a glorified sedan with a bed in the back. most of the time that's me too though.

yeah i commute all winter in my silverado. I do zero truck stuff in it haha. And in the summer I drive my pontiac. But I do take a few fishing trips a year and one is to northern quebec. You're not getting to this place in a ridgeline and really do need a z71. It's rough enough that my dad had to replace his skid plate one year. So for me, I don't really need need a full-size either, but I do occasionally need it and it comes in handy. Pickups in general are needed for me though. I'm not putting a dead deer in my suv or buying a cart. I need it for when we head up north to the daks and in the spring for mulch or lugging food plot stuff around. Heck, I was driving home this friday and saw a local landscaping company had a bunch of free pallets stacked by the road, to which I need a few for my wood pile. Couldn't have grabbed those without the truck.

So point is. All trucks good. Full size z71? Probably not needed by most haha.

2 hours ago, Belo said:

yeah i commute all winter in my silverado. I do zero truck stuff in it haha. And in the summer I drive my pontiac. But I do take a few fishing trips a year and one is to northern quebec. You're not getting to this place in a ridgeline and really do need a z71. It's rough enough that my dad had to replace his skid plate one year. So for me, I don't really need need a full-size either, but I do occasionally need it and it comes in handy. Pickups in general are needed for me though. I'm not putting a dead deer in my suv or buying a cart. I need it for when we head up north to the daks and in the spring for mulch or lugging food plot stuff around. Heck, I was driving home this friday and saw a local landscaping company had a bunch of free pallets stacked by the road, to which I need a few for my wood pile. Couldn't have grabbed those without the truck.

So point is. All trucks good. Full size z71? Probably not needed by most haha.

the Ridgeline i had setup decent.. it had a modest skid plate for anything less than a hard impact.  ground clearance was over 8" and only an 1" less than most all your full size stock pickups.  i never got it stuck in places on the farm and i should've been stuck.  it had a button to turn off the traction/stability control so it'd just churn versus lessen power to certain wheels to TRY and get more grip. those auto features are dumb if you can't turn them off. i also had Hankook and then Cooper All Terrain tires on it since i owned it. it was a handful with all that stuff off but it'd keep digging along get you to where you were going.  i had chains on standby i never used too.  i'd never do that to a newer vehicle but it was older (2007) and fair game.  things i did to that poor thing would've made a hell of a Honda truck commercial and probably considered being a down right a**hole.  there was nothing wrong with it though when i sold it. only things i replaced when owning it were tail light bulbs, a sway bar link, a wheel bearing, and the again typical for mileage timing belt, tensioner, and waterpump. two things i did not like that made it not better than an actual truck where the 5' bed and mileage wouldn't get any better than 16-17 mpg on Regular gas.

2 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Mid sized works for me ,but then I’ve only owned cars for 40 some years .

DA13987E-B592-460C-ABC3-D842B3AC85EA.jpeg

those smaller pickups are handy in town or in the city compared to a full size but damn if they aren't just as much if not more $.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I very much enjoy the seating space of a full size - be it pick up or SUV.   If that was not a need for me, the mid size (not sure they are really bigger than what I called compact not too long ago) - would be a great option.

Agreed 100%. I will say this though, taking our youngest around to see what he could fit in this last summer,  I was surprised with the room in some of the smaller SUV’s. 

9 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Agreed 100%. I will say this though, taking our youngest around to see what he could fit in this last summer,  I was surprised with the room in some of the smaller SUV’s. 

I must have the torso of a 6'8" man with the legs of someone 5'4".  Head room even reclining is always tough for me.  Then add in some girth and its like a game of twister getting out of most vehicles.  lol  I like stepping up and just plopping down!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I must have the torso of a 6'8" man with the legs of someone 5'4".  Head room even reclining is always tough for me.  Then add in some girth and its like a game of twister getting out of most vehicles.  lol  I like stepping up and just plopping down!

I hear ya, I am 6-3 and I get all my height in my upper body, I can wear a 30 inseam pant.my youngest is 6-6 320 and I am 280 and we could actually sit in the front of his escape and our shoulders were not touching. We both had a couple of inches of head room too. And it is definitely easier to plop down a few hundred pounds  no doubt :D.... 

• Like 1

I have to drive to NJ for business tomorrow and this is my rental. It’s a base model so I won’t judge too harsh, but it’s not very comfortable. Peppy though and the brakes are super tight at only 6k miles.

I’m 6’1 and feel like I’m sitting way to high in this thing and there’s no way to lower the seat. Not great visibility and idk what the heck someone could use the bed for. My bucks legs would be popping out lol
6881eb1ff698cf839525ce78f5b2c8cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Belo said:

I have to drive to NJ for business tomorrow and this is my rental. It’s a base model so I won’t judge too harsh, but it’s not very comfortable. Peppy though and the brakes are super tight at only 6k miles.

I’m 6’1 and feel like I’m sitting way to high in this thing and there’s no way to lower the seat. Not great visibility and idk what the heck someone could use the bed for. My bucks legs would be popping out lol
6881eb1ff698cf839525ce78f5b2c8cc.jpg

Are you going off road ? Don't see why you would take a truck instead of a nice luxury rental  car which will run you about the same price  .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

6881eb1ff698cf839525ce78f5b2c8cc.jpg&key=1cd2ec36a2dc8dea21580656f8eea4698429305d604d7458941f48f4fa7a7096

No power seats? That’s a non starter for me. That might be worse than cloth seats

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No power seats? That’s a non starter for me. That might be worse than cloth seats

Tacomas are finally getting power seats for 2020. They were never an option. Ill probably be picking one up this winter.