My soon to be new to me truck.

rob-c

12 hours ago, rob-c said:

Well to make a long story short I had to call and get the general manager involved today. If all goes like he says I should have it by Saturday. Lets just say the sales lady we had left a lot to be desired. 

That sucks - hope they get it squared away quickly for you. I've had salespeople bend over backwards to close a sale, and in every case drove the vehicle home the next day or even same day.

I'm jumping in this thread late, and haven't read the first five pages, so forgive me if this has already been covered.

The last two trucks I bought I did so online because I was looking for certain features. Ended up buying from PA last time, and OH the time before. All the negotiations and paperwork were handled over email and phone. At the end I just wired them the money and then just picked up the truck. Loved not having to deal with the salesperson in the showroom games.

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Any serious fisherman will tell you - need at least a 6ft box.  Otherwise how do you fit your fishing poles in it?!   

Right!!

I do have to put 7' rods in diaganaly, in the bed of my Frontier. But they do fit! (barely)

Given a fair share of decent bucks a last ride back there too.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

That sucks - hope they get it squared away quickly for you. I've had salespeople bend over backwards to close a sale, and in every case drove the vehicle home the next day or even same day.

Thanks, I think now that the GM is involved it should. When I told him I felt I was getting the run around and some of the excuses we were getting on why things were not getting done,  he said this isn’t the first time he’s heard this on this particular sales lady. We’ve had some not so stellar dealings with stealerships before but It baffles me that she wouldn’t want the money from this sale. 

23 hours ago, rob-c said:

Thanks, I think now that the GM is involved it should. When I told him I felt I was getting the run around and some of the excuses we were getting on why things were not getting done,  he said this isn’t the first time he’s heard this on this particular sales lady. We’ve had some not so stellar dealings with stealerships before but It baffles me that she wouldn’t want the money from this sale. 

GM? Maybe I missed something, but that's a ford in your original post. 

Edited by Belo

25 minutes ago, CapDistPatriot said:

Just picked up this bad boy Saturday. Big upgrade from my 9 yr old Accord Crosstour, should make maintaining and hunting the land lease easier. Never owned a truck, new uncharted territory for me.20190328_122401.thumb.jpg.f9a22255e7c79ee63359857d931fbd91.jpg20190328_122342.thumb.jpg.5cb73bd10f96810c0cdbe3cb37e80471.jpg

Nice choice

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If you’re on the fence, the GMC has a custom fit sushi tray in the console 2e5cbd1a02410a080d38e82ad671315a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not a fan of sushi, but I bet a Wendy’s spicy chicken meal would fit. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CapDistPatriot said:

Just picked up this bad boy Saturday. Big upgrade from my 9 yr old Accord Crosstour, should make maintaining and hunting the land lease easier. Never owned a truck, new uncharted territory for me.20190328_122401.thumb.jpg.f9a22255e7c79ee63359857d931fbd91.jpg20190328_122342.thumb.jpg.5cb73bd10f96810c0cdbe3cb37e80471.jpg

Nice, so give us the details. Yr, motor, etc. 

22 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Nice, so give us the details. Yr, motor, etc. 

2019 XLT 302A PACK 5.0L 36GAL tank, trailer backup assist,  8in screen with navi 3.55 electric lock rear diff 5.5 ft bed. Only thing I had to add was the spray in. I LOVE that is does not have the 20in wheels, the 18s are so much easier in the snow/mud. 

6 minutes ago, CapDistPatriot said:

2019 XLT 302A PACK 5.0L 36GAL tank, trailer backup assist,  8in screen with navi 3.55 electric lock rear diff 5.5 ft bed. Only thing I had to add was the spray in. I LOVE that is does not have the 20in wheels, the 18s are so much easier in the snow/mud. 

Very nice.., 

When I bought my used ford I also picked one with 18” wheels over 20”. My choice was mostly cost driven. 20” tires are stupid expensive. Not that 18” truck tires are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

When I bought my used ford I also picked one with 18” wheels over 20”. My choice was mostly cost driven. 20” tires are stupid expensive. Not that 18” truck tires are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cost wise it is the right call, practicality-wise it is the wise call. All i can think about when I think about 20s is my partner stuck in the parking area of our lease spinning the wheels of his $60,000 Silverado LTZ and me in my 9 year old honda driving off down the driveway LOL 

• Like 1

Had a similar  problem years ago with a bigtime dealer in the area . Dragged their feet on a truck . Did my end of paperwork and money. Drove truck 6 weeks on dealer plates .  They had sold me the truck ... and couldn't find the title.  Had to wait for the DMV  to send copy .  Found out when I traded up a year later same dealer  the truck was a wreck.  They never disclosed it . Let's just say I had alot of leverage on the new truck . Last time I bought from them . 

22 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Had a similar  problem years ago with a bigtime dealer in the area . Dragged their feet on a truck . Did my end of paperwork and money. Drove truck 6 weeks on dealer plates .  They had sold me the truck ... and couldn't find the title.  Had to wait for the DMV  to send copy .  Found out when I traded up a year later same dealer  the truck was a wreck.  They never disclosed it . Let's just say I had alot of leverage on the new truck . Last time I bought from them . 

Talk about shady , man . Well come to find out after getting  the general manager involved they needed to pay some other $27 dollar fee to get the title back . I said to the wife if it was supposed to be back in 7-10 days on day 13 wouldn’t you call. The ignorance of some car dealers just baffles me at times. 

Edited by rob-c

1 minute ago, rob-c said:

Talk about shady , man . Well come to find out after getting  the general manager involved they needed to pay some other $27 dollar fee to get the title back . I said to the wife if it was supposed to be back in 7-10 days on day 13 wouldn’t you call. The ignorance car dealers just baffles me at times. 

They should have ordered a title when they took it in inventory if it was lost.  Silly.

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

They should have ordered a title when they took it in inventory if it was lost.  Silly.

This is P.A and they have to send the title to the state and then the state sends it back to the dealer. Apparently it’s a fairly new procedure and they didn’t know about this extra fee . 

Edited by rob-c