My soon to be new to me truck.

rob-c

1 hour ago, Belo said:

not sure what's on my 16 silverado, but the mileage and wear is good so far at under 20k and the traction is great and noise almost nonexistent. but yeah they're not cheap.

41 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Part of the issue is that we or I like the big lug offroad looking tires and they are not really the best for mileage, noise or snow/rain.  So I try to find a happy compromise for the sissy truck.  Between duratracs and the AT KO2, I like the quiet ride of the ATs but I will be darned if they will last more than 30k.  I probably could push the duratracs to 40k if I could live with the noise as they wear.  Both are decent in snow.  Or I could skip looks and go to a more traditional road tire but then the raptor will start having a complex, especially since it has a carpeted bed already.  lol

i should clarify. I know I have duellers, but not sure what version.

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

She wouldn’t leave, I finally moved the truck. It was next to a shrub she nested in last year that I’ve since trimmed down to nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

did the same with some branches hanging over my driveway. Best way to solve a poop problem is remove the toilet seat

• Like 1

I gave these tires a try this go around.
b97ac1939055b1bbc4df91a8ee5603cd.jpg

They are cheap, like under $700 installed cheap. I figure if they last me 30k that’s more than good enough. The last 3 sets of tires I’ve used haven’t made it more than 45k at $1200-1400. And those were all terrains. If I can get 25-30k out of a meaty mud terrain that costs half as much, I’ll be happy.

Yes they are loud, but that’s what the radio is for. They ride good for mud terrain, and have awesome traction in the snow, mud and pavement. I’d rather not get stuck, because when I do it’s always in a terrible spot. So I’d rather run mud terrains than worry about getting stuck so much.

Tires like these aren’t for everyone though. If I never went off road I’d stick with all terrains but I can never resist a good mud road

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

I gave these tires a try this go around.
b97ac1939055b1bbc4df91a8ee5603cd.jpg

They are cheap, like under $700 installed cheap. I figure if they last me 30k that’s more than good enough. The last 3 sets of tires I’ve used haven’t made it more than 45k at $1200-1400. And those were all terrains. If I can get 25-30k out of a meaty mud terrain that costs half as much, I’ll be happy.

Yes they are loud, but that’s what the radio is for. They ride good for mud terrain, and have awesome traction in the snow, mud and pavement. I’d rather not get stuck, because when I do it’s always in a terrible spot. So I’d rather run mud terrains than worry about getting stuck so much.

Tires like these aren’t for everyone though. If I never went off road I’d stick with all terrains but I can never resist a good mud roademoji1787.png

After a few thousand miles let us know what you think. 

After a few thousand miles let us know what you think. 

I can do that now. I’ve got almost 10k on them now so far. I had these put on back in January before one of the snow storms we got. So far so good. They are a little noisy but that’s to be expected with such aggressive tread. Other than that no complaints. I will say that they ride much better than the Toyo MTs I had on this truck a few years ago. These new tires are the same size as the toyos but they are a lot lighter per tire which results in a better ride.

15 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

I can do that now. I’ve got almost 10k on them now so far. I had these put on back in January before one of the snow storms we got. So far so good. They are a little noisy but that’s to be expected with such aggressive tread. Other than that no complaints. I will say that they ride much better than the Toyo MTs I had on this truck a few years ago. These new tires are the same size as the toyos but they are a lot lighter per tire which results in a better ride.

6ply I assume?

27 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

How are they in the rain? I was looking at some of the reviews and found a few complaints about not doing well in the rain.

i have to say I have Hankook DynaPro ATMs. They were affordable (comparatively) and have a more than average aggressive look to them, but not crazy like the MT lugs. Pretty solid all-arounds.

What I am really impressed with is their wear. I've put 27K on them and really just now starting to show some age. For the $, I am a happy camper with them. If I hit 40K with them, I'd consider it my best tire purchase ever. I have never had that lifespan with tires before. On anything. 

How are they in the rain? I was looking at some of the reviews and found a few complaints about not doing well in the rain.

No complaints at all in the rain. You can absolutely tell you can’t hammer it in a hard corner at Mach 3 and feel as planted as a street tire but it’s a MT so you can’t expect top end pavement performance. I don’t really drive that fast so I don’t notice poor road manners on my everyday driving. I’m doing about 80-100 miles a day so I’m getting good seat time on them.

The plentiful reviews and price is what really sold me on these tires. I figured for the price I had to try them at least once.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

picked mine up yesterday after turning in my 16 lease. needed a crew cab and worried about the short box, but don't really have a choice. So far my only complaint is that they removed the overhead sunglass holder... like wtf? You have all these neat features and something so basic but useful get tossed aside?

004.thumb.JPG.ed1bed95ed105581a3dc3d32fc7da039.JPG007.thumb.JPG.5c63807c0cde116f1556e11fc9686620.JPG002.thumb.JPG.33fd92c7de31528698e4613f716fb1d4.JPG

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Belo said:

picked mine up yesterday after turning in my 16 lease. needed a crew cab and worried about the short box, but don't really have a choice. So far my only complaint is that they removed the overhead sunglass holder... like wtf? You have all these neat features and something so basic but useful get tossed aside?

004.thumb.JPG.ed1bed95ed105581a3dc3d32fc7da039.JPG007.thumb.JPG.5c63807c0cde116f1556e11fc9686620.JPG002.thumb.JPG.33fd92c7de31528698e4613f716fb1d4.JPG

Damn, that looks sharp - nice truck, hope it treats you well!

• Thanks 1