Does anyone know much about jetskis?

G-Man

51 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

lol - most of my info on jet skis has been cursing at them - im just a damn old fisherman !  

as a kid with a camp on a shallow lake and a jetski to get anywhere shallow fast fisherman hated you. not because you ruined the fishing but you got their before they could with oar power or a smaller trolling type motor.

Trust me you can't sit at 72. If you sat you'd fall off and likely explode on impact with the water

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It’s boring. I’m sorry. So you hit 72mph in a straight line. Then what? Your 6 seconds of fun is over. Stand ups are fun, not sitdowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It’s boring. I’m sorry. So you hit 72mph in a straight line. Then what? Your 6 seconds of fun is over. Stand ups are fun, not sitdowns

Wrong then I slow down to 40 and do a sick power spin then if I don't fling myself off I race back the other way doing spins along the way and jumping massive waves

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Exactly ,find a spot out of the way and try to do tricks and stuff , you need at least 2 though . 

• Like 1

Wrong then I slow down to 40 and do a sick power spin then if I don't fling myself off I race back the other way doing spins along the way and jumping massive waves

So 2 minutes of fun?

14 hours ago, Fletch said:

The only jet skis you need are the ones you talk your buddy in to buying as your only gonna use them 3-4 times a year and its easier to borrow his!

Unless you live or have a camp on water then it is a different story.

I'm 5 min from the lake and boat launch..

Robhuntandfish's favorite thing to watch while fishing.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I try to keep far back and away from people. Especially fishermen. Last thing I would want is some asshole to suck up my line or scare away all my fish

9 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

every one of those i see coming my way to jump somebodys waves, I assume asked someone to hold their beer!  

I actually tend to get off the lake by 11 if its nice out before the tourists come out.  One year got stuck in the middle of a poker run about to start as I was coming in and thought i was gonna get swamped.  Got out of the way quick.  

But funniest even was the time me and a buddy in a 12ft alum boat with a trolling motor out bass fishing. "wonder what all these bouys are for?"  "dunno but the smallies like em"   So as we are fishing a plane is getting lower and lower and he has skis and not wheels.....ummmm.  Lol yeah we were in the landing zone.  He came by low and I think that was our warning buzzing the tower!  yeah we moved!  

• Like 3

My fondest memory on my waverunner was when I took out my late cousin on a ride he was 2 years younger than me maybe 3 and I really didn't want to take him out. It wound up being my best ride ever. We found a big ocean liner boat with 4-5 foot wake. Then we kept our distance and rode along with it and I decided to try and hit those waves going 40. We launched straight up gotta be close to 10 feet in the air 12 o'clocked the machine then took a straight nose dive back into the water and he flew off the back I flew over the handlebars and it was one of the funniest wipeouts ever. After we climbed back on we were both like holy shit dude that was amazing the boat was all looking at us like oh my God we just saw some wild shit. Then we gave them thumbs up and continued on our ride. Albeit a bit less aggressive slowing to high 20s - 30s following behind them and them waving and cheering us on. It was such an awesome memory. Probably my fondest memory of all the goofy shit we used to do together

• Like 1