My 6.5 Grendel

Just picked up my new AR in 6.5 Grendel this morning. It’s a Wise Arms rifle with a 16” barrel, M16 BCG and a nice Cerakote job. I need to pick up a Magpul grip and a quick release rear pin for it along with some glass. Should make for a great target and daytime varmint rifle. Can’t wait to see how she shoots. 

B8DCD40A-DBBE-4905-8519-436DC24C4A6B.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I got a great deal on it at just under $700

moog might have done it, it was here when we bought the house. It’s kind of grown on me lol. 

Is the painting signed in the wrong corner with my wife’s name first?   If so, you have a very valuable painting on your hands.   

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Just picked up my new AR in 6.5 Grendel this morning. It’s a Wise Arms rifle with a 16” barrel, M16 BCG and a nice Cerakote job. I need to pick up a Magpul grip and a quick release rear pin for it along with some glass. Should make for a great target and daytime varmint rifle. Can’t wait to see how she shoots. 

B8DCD40A-DBBE-4905-8519-436DC24C4A6B.jpeg

What a sweet looking rig!

• Like 1

Yesterday my Hyperswitch from AR-Maglock arrived. I installed it and it works pretty good, but I think I need to knock the Cerakote off of the inside of the holes that the pin goes through, as it doesnt move quite as freely as it needs to. Ill take some pics when some of the other goodies arrive.

21 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yesterday my Hyperswitch from AR-Maglock arrived. I installed it and it works pretty good, but I think I need to knock the Cerakote off of the inside of the holes that the pin goes through, as it doesnt move quite as freely as it needs to. Ill take some pics when some of the other goodies arrive.

On one rifle, I slightly filed down the pin circumference where it inserts into the receiver.  Took 10 minutes but made it smooth as "butta".

By the way, be sure to use some Loctite on the screw holding the dead to the pin.  My loosened up first time without it.  Trying the blue Loctite now but will go to red if it loosens again.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Can you explain to me how the hyperswitch is legal? I personally dont care if people follow the safeact or not but it appears you are trying too. Im pretty sure i wouldnt want to be botherd by a cop whos having a bad day with one. 

31 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Can you explain to me how the hyperswitch is legal? I personally dont care if people follow the safeact or not but it appears you are trying too. Im pretty sure i wouldnt want to be botherd by a cop whos having a bad day with one. 

The switch is separate from the maglock.  Same as pulling the pin but easier.  That said Ontario county DA said he would not prosecute with the maglock under the theory that the gun is not operational at the time it can accept a detachable mag. 

MY FFL installed the maglock upside down and its the same as the DD ranch pin (mag can't be removed) but easier to remove with tools if you have a mag problem.  Less epoxy.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

Sweet ! The one  I won is a Wise Arms as well , 300 Blackout . I’m throwing on an  dot optic and Magpul back up iron sights , ordered some speed loaders that work through  the ejection port and 500 rounds of hardball and 100 of more serious stuff .

Showed a pic to  two RPD officer friends today the first thing they said was get rid of that stupid mag lock ....

Mine may take  the place of my short barreled   Benelli in the front closet .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

How is it not? Its literally just the rear pin. The video you probably watched is where its paired with an AR Maglock, which has been deemed legal in the county I live in by the DA. He has put it in writing that he will not press charges on anyone that has one on their rifle.

9 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Sweet ! The one  I won is a Wise Arms as well , 300 Blackout . I’m throwing on an  dot optic and Magpul back up iron sights , ordered some speed loaders that work through  the ejection port and 500 rounds of hardball and 100 of more serious stuff .

Showed a pic to  two RPD officer friends today the first thing they said was get rid of that stupid mag lock ....

Mine may take  the place of my short barreled   Benelli in the front closet .

Yep, same rifle without the Cerakote job and a different caliber. I was thinking of getting the 300, but went with the Grendel instead. They are nice, the tolerances on mine are really tight, but I think it has to do with the Cerakote, so I need to remove it in a few areas. The lowers on these things arent forged either, they are billet.

I have a Magpul grip and forward angled grip on their way for it. AR Maglock came in yesterday. That will be my little project for tonight.

28 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Nice rig sir! Almost bought a grendal myself recently, except i backed out and stuck with 223 wylde. Not expecting long range with night vision. Gonna top mine with the new Sightmark Wraith i believe. Keep us posted. 

Yeah my 223 will stay as my night rig. This one will be daytime for yotes, chucks, deer, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

How is it not? Its literally just the rear pin. The video you probably watched is where its paired with an AR Maglock, which has been deemed legal in the county I live in by the DA. He has put it in writing that he will not press charges on anyone that has one on their rifle.

Again not trying to start a argument. I watched the video since i never heard of the hyperswitch. Assumed it was all one system that made the mag removable. Good on your DA. Enjoy the rifle.

• Like 1