School me on propane grills

Moho81

Quick survey: who uses the side burner?? I’ve used it a handful of times but if I didn’t have it I wouldn’t miss it for even a second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never me. Never even tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Quick survey: who uses the side burner?? I’ve used it a handful of times but if I didn’t have it I wouldn’t miss it for even a second

I wouldn't miss it but does save me alot of trips inside for coffee esp fall/winter/muddy season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What you need 5 burners for? I got 3 and cook for parties of 20-30 people easily. Especially if you’re doing something simple like dogs and burgers.

e9ab7e62a67ee2777a2745aea298ed6f.jpg

There’s way more room than you think

I have a Weber and love it except...... the burners go the wrong way from common sense to do off flame indirect cooking. Running front to back would be a lot better design. Also my Weber is down and needs $200 worth of repairs. So saying they don't die is wrong......

I have a Weber and love it except...... the burners go the wrong way from common sense to do off flame indirect cooking. Running front to back would be a lot better design. Also my Weber is down and needs $200 worth of repairs. So saying they don't die is wrong......

I’ve yet to have an issue. Maybe you got a lemon

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’ve yet to have an issue. Maybe you got a lemon

Na its worked for 18 years with one igniter replace and one set of new flavor bars or flame shields. But now it needs the whole burner assembly. I grill year around 3 plus days a week most of the time. The last 6 weeks have been hell lol!

I just think the way the burners run is less than ideal for me. I cant complain it has cost me $60-$70 bucks a year all in, minus propane. Less than a good meal out. I just might make a change.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, philoshop said:

Weber grill, Stihl chainsaws & lawn equipment, mostly Milwaukee tools and Old Milwaukee beer , Kubota tractor (built in the USA, BTW), and a Ford truck. KISS.

You had me until Old Milwaukee

I have two Weber Genesis grills from 28 years ago.  I bought one for my Mother, one for me, and one for my Brother in Law.  We all had milestone birthdays that year.  All three grills still going strong, even the igniters work and have never been replaced.  

I do have a charcoal grill at camp that I enjoy using, but that is only when I have a few hours to watch over a low smoke or cook time.   

Edited by Otto

10 year old Brinkmann is still kicking. I ran a gas line to the deck when I installed a gas range in the kitchen... but I can’t bring myself to buy a NG grill while this one runs perfectly. I use the side burner a lot. I cook on cast iron, stir fry with wok,and also cook smelly stuff like fish, or small batches of fried food. e1c9851357b3e992678fa48a3219df9d.jpg

• Like 1

100% agree that always bothered me

Gas grills are quick and easy to use, but nothing beats a Weber Kettle once you've mastered using charcoal and have the patience to wait for it to be ready for the food. For convenience, back to the gas grill reviews!

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1

Wouldn’t own one without it. Always have some kind of vegetable or beans “always sweet corn during summer” on the side burner when grilling.

13 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The side burner on mine is for searing meat ,if the steak is thin enough ,ill cook the steak right on that burner , its just shy of 1.5 million degrees and cooks a steak super quick and locks all the moisture in. 

13 hours ago, Fletch said:

Which model do you have? The burners on my Genesis run front to back. 

FIL bought us a 4 burner Charbroil commercial series grill like 7 years ago. Still works good and I haven’t replaced anything on it. Sits outside all year long with no cover as well. I’m actually surprised at how well this grill has held up to sitting outside all year.

But.....I have my eyes set on a pellet grill/smoker. Lowe’s has some nice looking ones in this year. This is the one I think I’m gonna go pick up. Especially now that it’s saying it’s on 50% off clearance!
820-sq in Two-tone copper and black high temperature powder coat Pellet Grill https://www.lowes.com/pd/820-sq-in-Two-tone-copper-and-black-high-temperature-powder-coat-Pellet-Grill/1000266681

I think that charbroil from earlier is still in the lead but I do have to go check out a local place that was suggested by Taco this week. This thread has been awesome. It’s almost got me to buy a Weber but I don’t think that will happen. Just not enough money in the budget.

I think that charbroil from earlier is still in the lead but I do have to go check out a local place that was suggested by Taco this week. This thread has been awesome. It’s almost got me to buy a Weber but I don’t think that will happen. Just not enough money in the budget.

TreeGuy dinged a weber up today

• Like 1
  • Haha 1