School me on propane grills

Moho81

13 hours ago, Paula said:

I am just now reading this. 

Did you buy this? I would love to have this, I was thinking about getting a electric  pellet smoker

13 hours ago, Fletch said:

Yep I bought it. Broke it in tonight with venison steaks, see dinner thread. This weekend I will break in the smoker.

there's a good facebook group for this bad boy. Only complaints I've heard so far is that the stickers are hard to get off and the rubber on the nobs is cheap. Otherwise for the price you can't beat it. I've been waiting for it to get warm enough to assemble and I'm hoping this weekend will be it. I've also read that you need a legit extension cord that's the correct gauge or it causes issues with the smoker. 

First thing I'm doing is finally making some snack sticks the right way haha.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 2

Pulled the trigger on this Char-Broil 5 burner grill. Couldn’t beat the price and it should be plenty big for our day to day use. 8417eee34820dd49afdf89d2aa9ef40d.jpg&key=d98db70c798c41a02c37d7f2c4c5623305cb10b616156c19d32ed4c64c8a1a15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should move grill away from deer mount. The heat will rise and cause the hair to slip.

• Like 4

You should move grill away from deer mount. The heat will rise and cause the hair to slip.

Actually looks to be in a great position to grill, take a step back, sip a cold beer and stare at the mount! His family may eat more grilled food in the next few weeks than they have eaten in a lifetime.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Don't worry when I grill tonight I will move the mount as well as turn off all those annoying smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

All this grill talk gave  me an idea, I built my own !

23DFD92A-D061-4788-A1C3-83BDF6C81858.png

that's fancy. cooks your food and then packages it in an air tight seal. also see it has a auto vents. when temp too hot and drying out your food they automatically open. you're soo smart!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Looked at that one Sunday.  It's pretty sweet. Wife liked it but said the smoker was to small.  She wants to upgrade the smoker before  we buy a new grill.

yeah it's not for the serious, but larger than you'd think. Will take a 20 pound turkey. I justified it this way, My propane grill was nothing more than scrap and I wanted an electric smoker and this fit the bill nicely, plus the option to charcoal grill which I love was a bonus. 

That’s the one I picked up and at that price. Really can’t beat it. No brainer really

On 4/11/2019 at 8:50 AM, Belo said:

yeah it's not for the serious, but larger than you'd think. Will take a 20 pound turkey. I justified it this way, My propane grill was nothing more than scrap and I wanted an electric smoker and this fit the bill nicely, plus the option to charcoal grill which I love was a bonus. 

I have 2 other smokers so this small one is just handy for general use. When I need 6 butts going I use the bigger ones.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 6:50 PM, Belo said:

Got her setup this past weekend. Broke in the charcoal Sunday and the propane tonight.

Smoker will take her maiden voyage this weekend.

7d4d27ff5e292b9508ea9ca765c37520.jpg&key=10c01980752adfe12427501a147f36f8b8d7260456e86e683d14aaa4c69494b3

I have seen touched and I think stroked this grill today! Haha

I just couldn't buy it yet. I am waiting to hear on a off for a house. Bank owned, closed for Easter

• Like 2