School me on propane grills

Moho81

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

I got a tractor rim and buy a grate for 10 bucks most years. Rim right now is from 1948 Ford 8N.

Real fire=real taste.

Propane, shit might as well just fry it in a pan and put a Bernzomatic torch on it to pretend it was a flame.:rolleyes:

I’ll admit I have a gas Webber at home , but in Fla we used a charcoal Webber .

I'll be getting one for home now, charcoal burned down fast , and food came out great,I’d say better then at home ,with little time difference.

Will you keep it inside or out ? 2 features that i didnt know i needed and now have to have are an under hood light for night cooking and a  IR searing burner.

Almost exclusively outside and will buy A cover.

I’ve grilled with a head lamp on before. While the cooking light sounds awesome I’m not paying extra for it.

What an IR searing burner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are a few right in the ball park range your looking for. 7058f109317f8b94f0efeb33514a82d2.jpg&key=a5efbce6a7f1d3ab24d79308dc0dc8f62712bdbd89fbf31cf27bc431620967ba

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I saw the char broil for $289 earlier and so far that the leader of the pack still. 5 burners with a side burner as well.

• Like 1

Here are a few right in the ball park range your looking for. 7058f109317f8b94f0efeb33514a82d2.jpg&key=a5efbce6a7f1d3ab24d79308dc0dc8f62712bdbd89fbf31cf27bc431620967ba

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Glad you posted this because everyone saying Weber is $1K+ which is not true. Can easily get one for 1/2 that

• Like 1

I saw the char broil for $289 earlier and so far that the leader of the pack still. 5 burners with a side burner as well.

What you need 5 burners for? I got 3 and cook for parties of 20-30 people easily. Especially if you’re doing something simple like dogs and burgers.

e9ab7e62a67ee2777a2745aea298ed6f.jpg

There’s way more room than you think

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Almost exclusively outside and will buy A cover.

I’ve grilled with a head lamp on before. While the cooking light sounds awesome I’m not paying extra for it.

What an IR searing burner?

It's an infrared side burner dedicated to searing steaks , I'm not sure how hot it gets but we usually buy the thinner cut steaks and it takes 70-90 seconds a side depending how you like them done. 

• Like 1

A few of my friends are big fans of the Green Egg grill. I’ve never used it.

The Traeger grills look awesome. That will be my next grill, but my Weber will probably last another 10-20 years

You get what you pay for, ... generally! All depends on how much up-front $$ you want to spend to get a grill that'll last longer. Or spend less and repeat purchase every 3-5yrs. Depends on the time of year you purchase a grill & sales prices available. Pretty sure you will have a hard time finding one that'll last 15-20yrs within your budget. Companies would be out of business before grill self-destructs. Thus a sort of built in obsolescence or expected service life to ensure repeat customers.

My Weber Spirt is I’d guess at least five years old, used all year long, still as good as ever, and the same size as the OP’s old one , under $500 .

But the true test is the Weber at my past firehouse , piped right to natural gas line, used 5-10 times a week, with minimal cleaning or maintenance. It’s wasnt unusual to come in for a day shift and find it on from the night before, as someone left it on to burn off gunk . I believe the last one went 15 years, that was replaced a few years back .

• Like 1

After going through 3 Charbroil grills that lasted on average about 3 years each, I bit the bullet and bought a Weber Genesis for $700. I've had it for 6 years now and it is as good as the day I bought it. I don't grill much during the winter but from March through November I grill at least 3 or 4 times a week. Mostly just grill for my family but it has plenty of room to cook for a crowd.

2018-05-27 16.48.53.jpg

• Like 2

Weber makes a good grill but no doubt there are other companies now making quality grills. Like the previous posts shop around check out reviews and look at what all the parts are made of. At one point I was buying a cheap grill every 4 years and done with that nonsense. Now it’s the Empire grill and pizza oven combo but we grill more than the average families.. 

A few of my friends are big fans of the Green Egg grill. I’ve never used it.

The Traeger grills look awesome. That will be my next grill, but my Weber will probably last another 10-20 years

Quoting myself to add link

https://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_content=brand&utm_campaign=br-core&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1dLt-eGf4QIVA4zICh3bGwJ-EAAYASAAEgLRZfD_BwE

34 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

After going through 3 Charbroil grills that lasted on average about 3 years each, I bit the bullet and bought a Weber Genesis for $700. I've had it for 6 years now and it is as good as the day I bought it. I don't grill much during the winter but from March through November I grill at least 3 or 4 times a week. Mostly just grill for my family but it has plenty of room to cook for a crowd.

2018-05-27 16.48.53.jpg

You sponsoring a summer get together for Capital Area HuntingNY members ?  " plenty of room to cook for a crowd "  LOL

• Like 1