School me on propane grills

Moho81

Mine was side to side, sounds like our complaints were heard and addressed. Now whom shall I sue??

I’m pretty sure my genesis is like 10+ years old. Previous homeowners left it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Quick survey: who uses the side burner?? I’ve used it a handful of times but if I didn’t have it I wouldn’t miss it for even a second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

don't have a Weber but i use it all the time. go to spot to set stuff like pans, plates, bags of rolls, etc.  i've used my side burner as an actual burner maybe 3 times in the last 10 years.

(edit) ...steaming kettle full of clams, sweet corn, or lobster is what i've used it for. i guess it's a lie i've used it more than 3 times. still not very often compared to the rest of it.

Edited by dbHunterNY

I don't even know what i am looking at fletch,wowzer. 

This thread is awesome as i am in the market for a new grill as well. I think i might have to go for a weber,and i use the side burner a lot. All seared fish gets cooked on that,no smelly house that way. 

I also think it seems like a lot of money for a weber,but generally you get what you pay for. 

10 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I don't even know what i am looking at fletch,wowzer. 

It is a Pit Boss combo.  left top is a gas grill, right top is a charcoal grill and middle bottom is a smoker. It also has vents to route smoke through gas or charcoal side from smoke box.

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

It is a Pit Boss combo.  left top is a gas grill, right top is a charcoal grill and middle bottom is a smoker. It also has vents to route smoke through gas or charcoal side from smoke box.

If your local funeral home ever runs out of coffins for a wake, you can lend them your grill to display the body.  It's definitely as big as a coffin.  Maybe if you kill bigfoot one day you can grill him whole on that thing! LOL

• Like 1

Webber all day. And the IR sear zone is the best. You get a great crust on the steak and adds a ton of flavor. Just make sure you buy good meat and season with lots of Kosher salt and pepper

2 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Webber all day. And the IR sear zone is the best. You get a great crust on the steak and adds a ton of flavor. Just make sure you buy good meat and season with lots of Kosher salt and pepper

you guys buy meat? 

wolc would not approve.

I tend to buy the cheaper basic two-burner grills. No frills. Gone through two in 10 years.

The igniters tend to be real crap but nothing that your $1.00 long neck lighter doesn't solve.

I've paid less than $100 for each grill - the last one was $79.00 on clearance. Last September during our "biggest buck buys" dinner...I cooked up three tomahawks that cost more than the grill did. No complaints from the taste testers. Cooked up some bear too that day.

Short of needing a pretty grill to fit in with some hardscaping or something...I do not see myself spending that kind of coin. I'll buy and replace every 4-5 years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, phade said:

I tend to buy the cheaper basic two-burner grills. No frills. Gone through two in 10 years.

The igniters tend to be real crap but nothing that your $1.00 long neck lighter doesn't solve.

I've paid less than $100 for each grill - the last one was $79.00 on clearance. Last September during our "biggest buck buys" dinner...I cooked up three tomahawks that cost more than the grill did. No complaints from the taste testers. Cooked up some bear too that day.

Short of needing a pretty grill to fit in with some hardscaping or something...I do not see myself spending that kind of coin. I'll buy and replace every 4-5 years.

I hope you plan on ponying up again because I think David is balking.  lol

38 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I hope you plan on ponying up again because I think David is balking.  lol

Absolutely one thing is positive this year - I am not in the running, haha. 

You and David will need to do some Rochambeau or something to figure that one out...lol.

Edited by phade
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, phade said:

Absolutely one thing is positive this year - I am not in the running, haha. 

You and David will need to do some Rochambeau or something to figure that one out...lol.

I will buy the steaks if you two shoot trad bows at 50 this year.  

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I will buy the steaks if you two shoot trad bows at 50 this year.  

Side note - kelly and I walked the dog Saturday evening in the backyard. She says...what is your arrow doing in the tree?!?!?! I couldn't remember who to blame it on...I told her the trad guy did it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, phade said:

Side note - kelly and I walked the dog Saturday evening in the backyard. She says...what is your arrow doing in the tree?!?!?! I couldn't remember who to blame it on...I told her the trad guy did it.

With your bow!

On 3/25/2019 at 4:46 PM, Fletch said:

I'm in the same boat. My Weber propane went down a few weeks back. I either need to spend $150-$200 bucks replacing all the burner system and flame guards or buy a new grill.

I'm looking at this.  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pit-Boss-Memphis-Ultimate-4-in-1-Gas-Charcoal-Smoker/446354238

Not sure yet. If you are looking for a deal on a cheap Gas check your local Walmart's they are clearing all old models. I saw a Chargrill for like $79 bucks a couple weeks ago.

I am just now reading this. 

Did you buy this? I would love to have this, I was thinking about getting a electric  pellet smoker