I’ve been screwed!

Moho81

Luckily that's an easy one . I've been called a weirdo for keeping a plug kit and small compressor in my trunk.

I’ve got a plug kit at home. If this was my truck I probably would have done it myself but it’s off my wife’s SUV so I’d rather pay $20 to have it done by someone else and probably done right and not have to worry about it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I always have in my car - 2 standard tire FIX A FLAT inflator + sealer. I have friends who have used this with great results and out of there. Then a gas station visit. I make sure both my Sisters have a can in their trunk.

Fix a flat is great in an emergency situation but is not a long term solution. I avoid using it because mechanics hate it due to the mess it makes when they go to do the real repair. I’ve seen it and it’s crazy how much neon green liquid is inside the tire after using that stuff.

6 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

I always have in my car - 2 standard tire FIX A FLAT inflator + sealer. I have friends who have used this with great results and out of there. Then a gas station visit. I make sure both my Sisters have a can in their trunk.

I’ve heard Fix a flat works great but after using that the tire needs to be replaced anyhow. Anybody confirm this ? 

I’ve heard Fix a flat works great but after using that the tire needs to be replaced anyhow. Anybody confirm this ? 

It will still need a proper repair after using fix a flat. It’s made as a temporary solution to get you to a repair shop.

The tire is not automatically garbage after using fix a flat. It all depends on where the puncture happens.

• Like 1

I have a plug kit at home....My wife went through a period where it seemed like she was picking something up in her tire once a month. After pulling a nail and plugging a tire for the third time I said you need to stay out of the construction site when visiting your boy friend. (I was kidding of course but its weird that I haven't plugged a tire since)

• Like 2

I have a plug kit at home....My wife went through a period where it seemed like she was picking something up in her tire once a month. After pulling a nail and plugging a tire for the third time I said you need to stay out of the construction site when visiting your boy friend. (I was kidding of course but its weird that I haven't plugged a tire since)

And he hasn’t plugged.....well....ya know

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I know tire “slime” will eat away/corrode the bead area of your wheel over time.  My boss wanted me to put slime in all of our tires at work, and sure enough a few years, or so later the lip of the wheels were basically deteriorating, and some were enough to cause bead leaks.  Yes, its a MESS too when replacing a tire afterwards.

Yep it’s in the “ green zone “ a very narrow zone in the center . I got one while in Fla one inch from side wall, planned on getting  four new tires as I want to upgrade what’s on the Outback anyways .

Guy at the tire shop said he could plug it , and no charge because he’s not supposed to just plug them anyways . Holding good , 80-85 most of the  way home .

This is the time of the year for nails and screws , as all the contractors pick ups are lining the roads ,and dropping them out the back of the truck as they come and go .

Possibly.... the problem is that is the fix a flat soaks into the rubber, its impossible to get clean enough for the glue to stick... will also void any tire warranty..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1