Cock your crossbow with a push of a button

Hunter007

Apparently this guy is functioning as a collection of new crossbow concepts. He is not coming up these ideas, but has caught the attention of a whole bunch of very intelligent and creative engineers who are very busy with all aspects of crossbow technology. These guys are not a bunch of dummies. I still thing the most impressive design was that original wooden full-auto proto type. Each one of these inventions shows the level of interest and the effort that is being put into the next-generations of crossbows. It is fun to watch the progress that these wizards bring to us.

4 hours ago, Storm914 said:

You would cock it in the beginning of your hunt though?Before any game came around.

that's my point can't walk in prior to legal light cocked as a cocked crossbow is considered loaded. also there's spots where i really can't be making noise especially when i can't see if a deer is watching me or not in the darkness. i've gotten on stand only to have deer bedded not far away. some stands are intentionally close to known bedding too. last light or first light is all the same if your where the deer are.

19 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

that's my point can't walk in prior to legal light cocked as a cocked crossbow is considered loaded. also there's spots where i really can't be making noise especially when i can't see if a deer is watching me or not in the darkness. i've gotten on stand only to have deer bedded not far away. some stands are intentionally close to known bedding too. last light or first light is all the same if your where the deer are.

Yea but if the sound of you  walking in in the dark with a light  or climbing didn't spook them  why would that sound make a difference  When you first get to your spot ? Think of all the movement to cock a crossbow with out that thing . I don't really see it making much of difference.  Maybe have to try it to know for sure .

41 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Yea but if the sound of you  walking in in the dark with a light  or climbing didn't spook them  why would that sound make a difference  When you first get to your spot ? Think of all the movement to cock a crossbow with out that thing . I don't really see it making much of difference.  Maybe have to try it to know for sure .

movement isn't bad if it's slow and deliberate. cocking a crossbow manually isn't all that loud and only a slight click from the ones i've used. no movement at all is good if you've gotten the attention of a deer though i'll give you that. watching the video the hiss sound seemed to be at least as loud as the him talking. i really try not to make that much noise getting into my stand. just my opinion, i'm not bringing something like that which makes that kind of hissing sound into the woods with me to kill deer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

movement isn't bad if it's slow and deliberate. cocking a crossbow manually isn't all that loud and only a slight click from the ones i've used. no movement at all is good if you've gotten the attention of a deer though i'll give you that. watching the video the hiss sound seemed to be at least as loud as the him talking. i really try not to make that much noise getting into my stand. just my opinion, i'm not bringing something like that which makes that kind of hissing sound into the woods with me to kill deer.

You could be right but 

You have to  assume that when you walked in the dark with a light and climbed to your stand every living thing in the woods was alerted to your presence one more noise wouldn't make a difference at that point .  Just my opinion I wouldn't be scared to use that because of the sound .  

2 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

You could be right but 

You have to  assume that when you walked in the dark with a light and climbed to your stand every living thing in the woods was alerted to your presence one more noise wouldn't make a difference at that point .  Just my opinion I wouldn't be scared to use that because of the sound .  

i'd use it if i had it but some stands i don't use a light. others it's a red light pointed at the ground. climbing into the stand i have a pet peeve to do so quietly and as slow as feasible. topography and cover can't help shield you anymore when hanging off the side of tree.  if i'm alerting every living thing in the woods when i walk in i'm doing something wrong. i will give it to you that i try to get there before the deer. sometimes especially mornings it's hard though. hunting over an evening food plot when i'm leaving with deer still out there, i don't want that making noise either.  to each their own i guess.

21 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i'd use it if i had it but some stands i don't use a light. others it's a red light pointed at the ground. climbing into the stand i have a pet peeve to do so quietly and as slow as feasible. topography and cover can't help shield you anymore when hanging off the side of tree.  if i'm alerting every living thing in the woods when i walk in i'm doing something wrong. i will give it to you that i try to get there before the deer. sometimes especially mornings it's hard though. hunting over an evening food plot when i'm leaving with deer still out there, i don't want that making noise either.  to each their own i guess.

If anything it would be the price that would not make me buy it looks like it would cost alot more then any benefit and like you said it is not silent but that seems like it could be fixed in the Next Generation  of that.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Apparently this guy is functioning as a collection of new crossbow concepts. He is not coming up these ideas, but has caught the attention of a whole bunch of very intelligent and creative engineers who are very busy with all aspects of crossbow technology. These guys are not a bunch of dummies. I still thing the most impressive design was that original wooden full-auto proto type. Each one of these inventions shows the level of interest and the effort that is being put into the next-generations of crossbows. It is fun to watch the progress that these wizards bring to us.

Just sketched up my idea I call it the double  barrel crossbow 2 bolts cocked and ready to go for a fast follow up shot . Double triggers like a shotgun .

Mine is the superior design you don't need any other complex setup then this nothing will give you a faster  follow  up shot. 

15537340976488712977807481741699.jpg

Edited by Storm914