Fox got another one

Water Rat

I was looking out my bedroom window yesterday when I noticed a doe staring into the wood line. She was doing the usual head bobbing and foot stomping , so I knew something was going to happen. I then went and grabbed my camera and when I returned , I was able to capture a little of this on film. The foxes are wiping out the squirrels at the bird feeder. Unfortunately , the squirrels cant escape fast enough when the foxes make a run at them.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Water Rat said:

Not really. The cat has fought them before.

We were bestowed with a cat a few years back (drop off) who actually is a pretty cool cat. She's an outdoor cat but shacks up in the chicken coop with the birds. I worry a bit about yotes and foxes getting her, but a couple years ago I spotted a fox walking through the back yard. He passed within 20 feet of the cat in the middle of the yard. He glanced at her, and didn't care at all about her.

She got into it with a Fisher a couple of years ago and won, but the Fisher was young.

Good to know your cat can hold its own against a fox!

FullSizeRender1.jpg

• Like 3

One year we had an opportunistic hawk that was getting fat on the birds that were lured into the feeder. I guess when you concentrate a food source, some of the predators figure it out ..... lol. It's just Mother Nature doing what Mother Nature does.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 9:52 AM, Fletch said:

Your fox has mange too, hes fat though!

Prolly not.mage but a female nursing..takes a lot out of them.this time of year...see..many vixen wore down looking scruffy..one had 10 kits

7 hours ago, Doc said:

One year we had an opportunistic hawk that was getting fat on the birds that were lured into the feeder. I guess when you concentrate a food source, some of the predators figure it out ..... lol. It's just Mother Nature doing what Mother Nature does.

Yep like a bait pile ;)