New law??

G-Man

I fully support and agree with this law, and really it should be for any handling of a firearm.

What frosts me though, is the news coverage. I ate lunch in my car today enjoying the sunshine and scrolled through Facebook for a few minutes. I must've seen this article on at least 10 news sites that I follow. Reading the comments, it sounded like people are thinking that this law is needed because without it, hunters are just a bunch of drunks stumbling around with loaded guns.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I fully support and agree with this law, and really it should be for any handling of a firearm.

What frosts me though, is the news coverage. I ate lunch in my car today enjoying the sunshine and scrolled through Facebook for a few minutes. I must've seen this article on at least 10 news sites that I follow. Reading the comments, it sounded like people are thinking that this law is needed because without it, hunters are just a bunch of drunks stumbling around with loaded guns.

Isn’t that what the news does now, makes every thing a crisis. 

Just now, rob-c said:

Isn’t that what the news does now, makes every thing a crisis. 

Yes they do! But in this case, the few articles that I read through all the way were pretty factual and neutral. It was the comments that surprised me. I was reading through them and thought, "Is that how we're thought of, a bunch of armed drunks"?

17 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Yes they do! But in this case, the few articles that I read through all the way were pretty factual and neutral. It was the comments that surprised me. I was reading through them and thought, "Is that how we're thought of, a bunch of armed drunks"?

Sure, all it takes is the mention of alcohol and guns together and we’re all drunk hunters. That’s how the liberal mind works. 

blew my mind some comments on facebook. people saying what i do on my land is none of your business. what the *&^% does that have to do with this? in all honesty it does if first responders get called.  i can see if you're nursing a beer and hanging out but if you're multiple beers in and especially legally intoxicated you're asking for trouble.

5 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Sure, all it takes is the mention of alcohol and guns together and we’re all drunk hunters. That’s how the liberal mind works. 

forget some of them are probably getting sh&^ tanked and then getting behind the wheel.

5 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

blew my mind some comments on facebook. people saying what i do on my land is none of your business. what the *&^% does that have to do with this? in all honesty it does if first responders get called.  i can see if you're nursing a beer and hanging out but if you're multiple beers in and especially legally intoxicated you're asking for trouble.

I am not on face book, but if you have guys saying stuff like that well that’s not helping. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Unyielding rule at our camp. Drinks aren't cracked until the guns go away and they don't come out until the next day.  period. I don't even allow the drinking by anyone that ins't shooting while the guns are out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Unyielding rule at our camp. Drinks aren't cracked until the guns go away and they don't come out until the next day.  period. I don't even allow the drinking by anyone that ins't shooting while the guns are out. 

smart idea at your own camp. eliminates the need for people to police themselves which doesn't always fair too well.

• Like 1

Alcohol and firearms do not mix well.

I have a zero tolerance for combining the two.  I got up and left immediately, at a get together last summer. When some idiot, after drinking most of the afternoon decided to show off his new gun. This person should have known better too.

• Like 1

Our gun club has a strict "No alcohol" policy for the premises.   Most of the other gun clubs around have a bar and serve alcohol during Trap shoots, etc.   Visiting trap teams to our club are sometimes not happy when we don't have a bar, and a few individuals have been asked to leave because they bring beer with them.  

I think the level should be zero. 

• Like 2

I’m shocked the law as it is allows you to have alcohol in your system at all while hunting. I’m with you guys I hate the idea of alcohol and guns/hunting. Way to much on the line to be drinking and shooting.

Wait until you done with the guns/hunting then bust out the alcohol and start arguing about who the best shot is and how you didn’t miss the paper but must have put one through the same hole twice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Moho81 said:

I’m shocked the law as it is allows you to have alcohol in your system at all while hunting. I’m with you guys I hate the idea of alcohol and guns/hunting. Way to much on the line to be drinking and shooting.

Wait until you done with the guns/hunting then bust out the alcohol and start arguing about who the best shot is and how you didn’t miss the paper but must have put one through the same hole twice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this law is going to get the people that get so drunk the night before and wake up still drunk lol

15 hours ago, grampy said:

Alcohol and firearms do not mix well.

I have a zero tolerance for combining the two.  I got up and left immediately, at a get together last summer. When some idiot, after drinking most of the afternoon decided to show off his new gun. This person should have known better too.

I went as a guest to a hunting camp many years ago when i was a teenager.  For breakfast it was bloody Marys and for lunch the guys were pounding manhattans.  Yeah me and another guy went fishing in the opposite direction and left the next morn.  All nice guys but drinking and hunting is no good for sure.  

This law makes sense but dont see any real impact to it.  Anyone ever heard of anyone being arrested for this?  Its prob not something that people will be checked for unless a complaint comes in and more of a liability law if something terrible does happen.  But someone drinking and hunting already isnt going to hold back if the law went from .10 to .08.  Make it zero and then maybe.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish