New law??

G-Man

Probably nation-wide, but at least in NYS - Law enforcement has a difficult time enforcing DUI/DWI, esp for repeat or felony offenders. Can NOT imagine how they'd effectively enforce this new law!!?!! Any one with 1/2 a brain knows mixing alcohol & firearms is just a common-sense taboo. Sad fact is NYS thinks they need to legislate to control "stupid".

Had a similar wake-up call to Rob's above. In my early 20s about 8-10 of us had access rights to various parts of the county and wanted to have deer drives. After a couple of semi-successful morning drives with a few hair raising situations, mostly from none of us knowing the other hunter's ethics and esp hunting unknown terrain/habitat. So.. We stop for lunch to warm-up and get something to eat, at a local watering hole. After 2-3 shots to warm up and 2-3 beers to wash down lunch, the crew decides to go back out. :scared: As I'm looking at these guys all raring to go out, booze infused, I declined the hunting offer, kept the shotgun in the trunk and ordered another beer! All the others survived the afternoon's hunting, which I was worried about & happy to hear! JMO, the sad part is some don't see this situation as a problem... If you feel this way, count me out! I'll do one or the other, but NOT mixing the two.