Baby grizz

wooly

Gonna use this guy as a bench end.

Have to add some eyeballs.., finish up the base.., and let him drink another can of varnish.

Just need to carve up something for the other side now and put it all together.

Quick eagle I just finished up the other day too.

DSC_0062.thumb.JPG.2833c02c498fe9edc02ca8fc8b86ce0b.JPG

DSC_0074.thumb.JPG.40ebdcf4f93a98f176590c4bae8bda97.JPG

DSC_0079_01.thumb.JPG.89a865200961c1fe8ecd30c3fac13726.JPG

DSC_0137_01.thumb.JPG.3b8562f894a96462c9f3f3617e115120.JPG

DSC_0138.thumb.JPG.55b84ef69ca4f806d1da36cc32d0fb2b.JPG

DSC_0026.thumb.JPG.1de937e1682f1d7d1104a95ccbdd25cb.JPG

DSC_0021.thumb.JPG.277dda980222096e68a5337b056cb17c.JPG

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, zag said:

Nothing you can't do that's for sure! BTW still love my huge carved skull you did!

I forgot all about that! That sucker's gonna be worth millions when I croak,lol

I'm gonna try to do a few more skulls this year.

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How big is that bear? Would you sell it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to measure it, but gotta be between 4- 4 1/2ft tall.

Planning on selling it eventually, but it's going to be part of a bench with another carving on the other side. Not sure what that other carve is gonna be yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Do you have anything for sale right now? I would love to buy something for my camp

1 hour ago, mowin said:

Another fantastic job.  

I get compliments on the deer skull all the time.  

Wish you were closer, I'd love to see some more of your work, and pick something else up. 

:drinks:

Thanks guys!

That's the biggest problem I'm running into with this stuff right now is just dealing locally through word of mouth, and my FB page.

Eventually I'll look more into some shipping options.

To my surprise I've had to turn down some out of state interest because I'm not familiar or comfortable with crating and shipping big heavy items like this. 

Once I start getting into a rhythm with the carving side of things, I'll start to look more into how the business end works to make it profitable while still affordable to out of towners.

• Like 4

Thanks guys!
That's the biggest problem I'm running into with this stuff right now is just dealing locally through word of mouth, and my FB page.
To my surprise I've had to turn down some out of state interest because I'm not familiar or comfortable with crating and shipping big heavy items like this. 
Once I start getting into a rhythm with the carving side of things, I'll start to look more into how the business end works to make it profitable while still affordable to out of towners.

What part of NY are you in?

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Well when you’re ready to sell something, I’ll come pick it up!

Do you have a really big suitcase for the airplane, or are you going to drive across the entire state for the pick up? :rolleyes: Let me know what you want and I'll bring it back to my place so you only have to drive a third of the way across the state.

• Like 1

Do you have a really big suitcase for the airplane, or are you going to drive across the entire state for the pick up? :rolleyes: Let me know what you want and I'll bring it back to my place so you only have to drive a third of the way across the state.

Next time I’m up there anyway I can pick it up

Thanks guys!

I would gladly come pick up with my truck

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wooly said:

Thanks guys!

It's only uncomfortable until you do it!! Sound like theirs money to be made my friend!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zag said:

It's only uncomfortable until you do it!! Sound like theirs money to be made my friend!

It's not just about the money. I built furniture, guitars, canoes and kayaks for a long time. I didn't build anything for, or sell anything to, people I considered 'unworthy' of my efforts. I certainly could have sold a lot more stuff had I been less discriminating in that way. I wanted my stuff to go to people who would appreciate my work. Color, gender, and all that nonsense never, ever, came into play. I discriminated based entirely on people's attitudes towards me and my work. Play the a**hole card and I won't sell you the boat. Pretty simple.

Sorry for the rant.

• Like 2