Pfds/lifejackets

Dom

Not sure what to purchase for the little one.Headed to wallmart to see what they have for youths,Grand daughter is six and can swim in the pool but I wont bring her fishing without one any suggestions?

When my grandsons were little, I picked up the small vest type PFD's for them. Though the orange over the neck ones are better than nothing, they are not as good as the vest type. The vest type can be snugged up much better with the side and front adjustments. And are much more comfortable too.

Walmart should have some. I found mine at BPS. I gave them away when the boys out grew them. Or I would have gladly sent them to you Dom.

• Like 2

I couldn't find the exact jacket I first put on my kids but it was something like this.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/boating/life-jackets-vests/fishing-boating-life-jackets/pc/104794380/c/104741280/sc/104328180/mustang-lil-legends-gray-ansi-life-vest/1952168.uts?slotId=2

I think mine was a helly Hansen product but I couldnt find it on their site. The extra collar forces them on their back if they fall in, keeps their head out of the water and gives you something to grab to pull them out. Make sure it fits snug. As grampy said, if I still had them they would be yours but mine are long gone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bought both my kids neoprene ones. They are thin and comfortable. The most important thing to look for is ones with the strap that goes under the crotch and a grab handle up high on the back. In the event she goes over, you will be able to pick her up without the vest slipping off. I think they were 30-40$ ea from Cabela's.

Consider a princess one or something along those lines. My daughter needed that extra encouragement to put it on. Granted, she was 2 last year....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

14455cbbb68861af8d68c86d21defbcd.jpg

• Like 2